Music

  • erlannordenskald
    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 14, 2005
      Heylooo
      OK, some updates. 1) all music was mailed. For anyone who I
      received an address online for, and you reserved a space in the choir,
      your music was mailed (please bring $$ to war if you can't send a
      check). For those who sent me checks and addresses, your music has
      been mailed (thank you)
      We are quasi balanced right now. We could certainly use more
      tenors, obvoiusly!
      When you receive your music, you will see that in the Mass
      movements, there are voice part changes. There are a few places where
      the alto line sings rather low, so I have swapped those parts with the
      tenor. They are few and are clearly marked.
      While I know that most altos can sing below middle C rather
      comfortably, to produce a full sound in the area an octave below for
      any length of time is uncomfortable and that is why I made that
      switch.
      Please spend the most time on the 6 part Ave Maria. For those who
      have worked on ANY of the other Ave's you will see the similarities to
      the 4 part that begins with the leap up from G - C. This one will
      require a little more work.
      The music is copied in the suggested order sans the recorder
      pieces, those were sent separately.

      Thank you all for singing this year!!

      Erlan
    • Ysabiau Jolicoeur d'Avignon
      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 24, 2005
        Hello -

        Where is the music being mailed from? I am down
        in "sunny" Trimaris and have not received my
        music yet. I must have missed the post on the
        expense. If someone could please give me the info
        on amount, who to make check out to, where to
        send it, etc. I would be happy to do so.

        Eagerly awaiting participation in the choir,

        Lady Ysabiau la Jolicoeur d'Avignon

        --- erlannordenskald <erlannordenskald@...>
        wrote:

        > Heylooo
        > OK, some updates. 1) all music was mailed.
        > For anyone who I
        > received an address online for, and you
        > reserved a space in the choir,
        > your music was mailed (please bring $$ to war
        > if you can't send a
        > check). For those who sent me checks and
        > addresses, your music has
        > been mailed (thank you)
        > We are quasi balanced right now. We could
        > certainly use more
        > tenors, obvoiusly!
        > When you receive your music, you will see
        > that in the Mass
        > movements, there are voice part changes. There
        > are a few places where
        > the alto line sings rather low, so I have
        > swapped those parts with the
        > tenor. They are few and are clearly marked.
        > While I know that most altos can sing below
        > middle C rather
        > comfortably, to produce a full sound in the
        > area an octave below for
        > any length of time is uncomfortable and that is
        > why I made that
        > switch.
        > Please spend the most time on the 6 part
        > Ave Maria. For those who
        > have worked on ANY of the other Ave's you will
        > see the similarities to
        > the 4 part that begins with the leap up from G
        > - C. This one will
        > require a little more work.
        > The music is copied in the suggested order
        > sans the recorder
        > pieces, those were sent separately.
        >
        > Thank you all for singing this year!!
        >
        > Erlan

      • Lauren
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 22, 2007
          Are we singing the piece "This is the Day' becasue it is on the file
          for the music for pennsic this year i was just wondering.

          email:froggygirl14233@...
        • chrissings@juno.com
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 24, 2007

            Yes...I wouldn't have posted it otherwise. : )

            YIS,

            Arianna M.

            -- "Lauren" <froggygirl14233@...> wrote:

            Are we singing the piece "This is the Day' becasue it is on the file
            for the music for pennsic this year i was just wondering.

            email:froggygirl14233@ yahoo.com

          • melissa mazur
            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 25, 2007

              Good Day to all Known World Choir Members,

              I have sung in the choir for the past 5 years but due to family health issues, I cannot make it to Pennsic this year. I will miss singing with you and seeing each of you.

              Good health, good singing and until next year...

              God bless,

              Denw verch rhys

              From: "chrissings@..." <Chrissings@...>
              To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [KWChoir] Music
              Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:53:03 GMT

              -- "Lauren" <froggygirl14233@ yahoo.com> wrote:

              Are we singing the piece "This is the Day' becasue it is on the file
              for the music for pennsic this year i was just wondering.

              email:froggygirl14233@ yahoo.com

              Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more!
            • chrissings@juno.com

                Message 7 of 28 , May 18, 2008
                  Yes- I am in agreement. The sooner we have the music - the sooner we
                  get started!

                  Am looking foward to Pennsic and the performance.

                  We might also think of ways to spread the news of our concert - or do a
                  few short renditions elsewhere along the way to wet the appetite of the
                  populace?

                  Lady Meitheamh
                • June
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jun 1, 2008
                    From previous posts - it appears we have a theme for this years
                    Performance. Has a decision regarding the actual pieces be made as yet?

                    June
                  • Bethoc (Lesley)
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jun 2, 2008

                      Unsubscribe pls

                      per saltire purpure and gules a sea-unicorn erect argent within a bordure Or and argent

                      Gopher Pursuivant, Kingdom of Ealdormere
                      Pursuivant, Canton of Vest Yorvik, the High Seat of Septentria
                      what does {o'} mean? See Da'ud notation: http://www.sca.org.au/herald/commentary/Da'ud%20Notation.htm

                      solis sacerdotibus. Ave atque vale.

                      Ut sit magna, tamen certe lenta ira deorum est
                      The wrath of the gods may be great, but it certainly is slow

                    • Maria Daggett
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jun 3, 2008
                        DONE

                        1a. unsubscribe
                        From: Bethoc (Lesley)

                      • Erlandr Nordenskald
                        Message 11 of 28 , May 29, 2011
                          Hi everyone.
                          OK, this is the initial list of music for the Pennsic 40 Choir. You should be able to go to the pennsicwar.org site and register by clicking the links on the page for the Choir. IF these are NOT working for you... then just send ME your registration.,
                          Name, voice part preference and contact info.
                          Also, if you send the date you expect to arrive at pennsic.

                          We have been asked to sing Friday evening at the intermission at the performance of the Known World Players performance of Henry the VIII. This is a wonderful collaboration of the Known World Groups. I hope that everyone who is still here on Friday evening will come out and sing.

                          We will also do the "teaser" performance in the Merchant area approx 8 PM on the wednesday evening before our concert. We'd like to have little hand flyers to hand out to people who need a reminder.

                          The PDF files of music are in the files section.
                          The Folder is called Pennsic 40.
                          Master Robyn has graciously offered to provide some audio midi's of the musical parts. When he has completed this, he will upload those files. I of course, would like to say Thank you.. again to Master Robyn for the work he is doing for this year. After this is completed, he says that he will teach me how to do it myself.. and then Erlan will officially have moved INTO the 21st century!

                          Erlan

                          S S A T B Tanzen und Springen - Hans Leo Hassler (1564-1612) (German)
                          http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/hass-tus.pdf

                          S/A T B Agincourt Carol - Annon (old Englysh)
                          http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/1/14/Anon-Agincourt.pdf

                          S A B Sweete Kate (1609) - Robert Jones (1577 – 1617) (English)
                          http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/d/df/Sweet_Kate.pdf

                          S A T/B Ma fin est mon commencement - Guillaume de Mahaut d.1377 (french)
                          http://maucamedus.net/PDF/ma-fin.pdf

                          S A T B By the Waters of Babylon /
                          Al naharot Bavel- Salomone Rossi (1570-1630)
                          http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/f/fc/Ross-aln.pdf
                        • Jennifer Friedman
                          Message 12 of 28 , May 29, 2011
                            Ah, but Erlan, this cannot be...where is the Josquin?

                            Eliane

                            Eliane Halevy, OL

                            Message 13 of 28 , May 29, 2011
                              I know it's really not like me.
                              But fear not
                              I have 2 more pieces in include... and one of them WILL be Josquin...
                              I can't.. do a concert and NOT have the man...
                              I was thinking of doing Scaramella...

                              You'll see that this music choice is VERY different than my usual choices. I tried to choose music that was a bit easier but will be crowd pleasers... notice that there is the Machaut... so, 14th century are us.

                              erlan
                            • dalla.olafskona@gmail.com
                              Message 14 of 28 , May 30, 2011
                                "You should be able to go to the pennsicwar.org site and register by clicking the links on the page for the Choir. IF these are NOT working for you... then just send ME your registration.,
                                > Name, voice part preference and contact info.
                                > Also, if you send the date you expect to arrive at pennsic."

                                Where is the page for the Choir you referenced? http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn40/AANDS/perfarts.html

                                Thanks,
                                Dalla
                              • Erlandr Nordenskald
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jun 2, 2011
                                  OK.. the links for the Pennsicwar.org site are not up yet... I have let the webmistress know...
                                  for now, you can just continue to send your registrations to me..

                                  Your name, a contact e mail or phone for you..
                                  your prefered voice part and the date you will arrive at war...
                                  (so I don't go nuts if you're not there for the first few rehearsals)

                                  Thanks

                                  Erlan
                                • Margrett Norwoode
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jun 2, 2011
                                    Real name: Kerri-Ellen Kelly
                                    SCA name: Lady Margrett Norwoode
                                    Email: mistressmargrett@...
                                    Vocal part: Soprano
                                    Date I will arrive: Aug 3 afternoon or early evening

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jun 2, 2011
                                      Sorry--meant to send that to Erlan directly.

                                      Margrett

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jun 3, 2011
                                        Hi Erlan

                                        I will again be in the KWC

                                        Mairghreicc Ruadh inghen ui Faolain (aka June)
                                        Soprano
                                        72 Camp Swatara Road, PO Box 466
                                        Myerstown, Pa. 17067

                                        East Kingdom, Shire of Silver Rylle

                                        Arriving before land grab

                                        See you soon

                                        Mairghreicc

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jun 29, 2011
                                          Are these 5 the only ones?
                                          (Granted, the one in Hebrew looks like a brain-ful... )

                                          miriel

                                          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Erlandr Nordenskald" <erlannordenskald@...> wrote:

                                          > Hi everyone.
                                          > OK, this is the initial list of music for the Pennsic 40 Choir.

                                          > S S A T B Tanzen und Springen - Hans Leo Hassler (1564-1612) (German)
                                          > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/hass-tus.pdf
                                          >
                                          > S/A T B Agincourt Carol - Annon (old Englysh)
                                          > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/1/14/Anon-Agincourt.pdf
                                          >
                                          > S A B Sweete Kate (1609) - Robert Jones (1577 – 1617) (English)
                                          > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/d/df/Sweet_Kate.pdf
                                          >
                                          > S A T/B Ma fin est mon commencement - Guillaume de Mahaut d.1377 (french)
                                          > http://maucamedus.net/PDF/ma-fin.pdf
                                          >
                                          > S A T B By the Waters of Babylon /
                                          > Al naharot Bavel- Salomone Rossi (1570-1630)
                                          > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/f/fc/Ross-aln.pdf

                                        • Julia Kathan
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                                            Um-am I the only one who cannot print By the Waters of Babylon? I can see it on my screen but it prints blank pages.
                                            Help!
                                            Fancy

                                            Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:43 PM

                                            href="http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/hass-tus.pdf">http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/hass-tus.pdf

                                            href="http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/1/14/Anon-Agincourt.pdf">http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/1/14/Anon-Agincourt.pdf

                                            href="http://maucamedus.net/PDF/ma-fin.pdf">http://maucamedus.net/PDF/ma-fin.pdf

                                            > S A T B By the Waters of Babylon /
                                            > Al naharot Bavel- Salomone
                                            Rossi (1570-1630)

                                            href="http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/f/fc/Ross-aln.pdf">http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/f/fc/Ross-aln.pdf

                                            No virus found in this message.

                                          • dross92
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jul 3, 2011
                                              Hope it's going better for you today.
                                              It printed out OK for me today (5 pages) and I am using old technology - an HP C4480 and Vista.

                                              --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Julia Kathan" <fancy@...> wrote:

                                              > Um-am I the only one who cannot print By the Waters of Babylon? I can see it on my screen but it prints blank pages.
                                              > Help!
                                              > Fancy

                                            • misbrisby
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Apr 23, 2012
                                                Is there music available either to print out or listen to, to start preparing? Or do we have a rough estimate as to when it might become available?

                                                Thank you,
                                                Marcia
                                              • misbrisby
                                                Message 23 of 28 , May 22, 2012
                                                  I was wondering if there was music posted yet for Pennsic. I did not see anything to print or practice before hand. Please let us know where we can go to print the music.

                                                  Thank you,
                                                  Marcia
                                                • dalla.olafskona@gmail.com
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , May 31, 2012
                                                    Agreed. I have less natural musical talent than many in the choir, and therefore need proportionally more practice time in advance.... I'll even take midi files. ;)

                                                    - Dalla

                                                    --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, misbrisby <misbrisby@...> wrote:

                                                    > I was wondering if there was music posted yet for Pennsic. I did not see anything to print or practice before hand. Please let us know where we can go to print the music.
                                                    > Thank you,
                                                    > Marcia
                                                  • Krege, Barbara B
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Jun 1, 2012

                                                      I'll need MP3 files please.  Barbara

                                                    • dalla.olafskona@gmail.com
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Jun 2, 2012
                                                        While MP3s would be great, I haven't even seen a list of the music we're performing. Have I missed it?
                                                        - Dalla

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Jun 2, 2012
                                                          I know I'm still pondering the piece I'm supposed to pick/conduct. Too many choices out there! I hope to pick it in the next week or so. Whatever I pick will have MIDI files, PDF sheet music, etc. so people can practice up before Pennsic.

                                                          Robin, would you update us on where you are with the rest of the concert?

                                                          Eliane

                                                          Eliane Halevy, OL

                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Jun 4, 2012
                                                            Hi folks. Sorry for the long silence - I just surfaced from a heavily overbooked Spring. But now all attention turns towards Pennsic!!

                                                            The rehearsal and concert schedule was locked down a while ago and published in this forum.

                                                            Watch for the registration link to go live as soon as I can get the Pennsic web people the correct information.

                                                            And I'll start putting music up ASAP - including sheet music, midi files, and MP3s as soon as I can get those done.

                                                            Thanks for your patience and let's make this another GREAT Pennsic Choir year,

                                                            Robyn