Known World Youth Choir Promo...please forward!

  • Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2013
      Hi folks. Now that Pennsic is almost here I am wanting to let the Youth of our Society know about the opportunity to be part of the very first Known World Youth Choir. I have access to this group, plus the AEthelmearc Kingdom e-list and a few local groups, but I would you to please pass this along to wherever you think appropriate. I am really excited to be directing the youth and Children's choirs this year, and the more participants we have, the more successful the experience will be! Thanks so much!!

      -Rachel

      The Youth of our Society are the fire and energy of our future. It is through you that we will see our next generation of Peers, Performers, and Artisans. You are the future of our society, and your activities now will shape your own future roles within the Society.
      For those of you that love to sing and perform, for those of you that are leaders and trailblazers, and for those of you that would like to be a part of a new tradition, this year will be the Inaugural Year for the Known World Youth Choir. Open to all "free range" youth ages 12+, this is an opportunity to be able to say in years to come, "I was there…part of the very FIRST…" No prior registration is necessary and all are welcome, regardless of singing experience.
      We will start rehearsals on Saturday of War Week, July 27, from 1-2 pm at the New Rehearsal Tent. We will be rehearsing Saturday 7/27 – Wednesday 7/31 from 1-2 pm. (Right after lunch! How convenient! :D) Dress Rehearsal with the full Known World Choirs on Thursday 8/1 from Noon-2 in the PA Pavilion, and the KNOWN WORLD CHOIR AND FRIENDS CONCERT Thursday evening starting at 5:30. (Report time will be 5:00), also in the PA Pavilion. Music will be provided and can also be found online at http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/KWChoir/files/
      My name is Lady Rachel Dalicieux and I have over 15 years of experience working with middle and high school students in both choir and band. I love kids and teaching and I think this is going to be an awesome experience. I am looking forward to making some amazing music this year at Pennsic. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at friscokitty AT hotmail DOT com. Hope to see you soon!