question about Pastime learining track

  • vivianne212000
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12 7:37 AM
      Greetings,
      I notice that there is no learning track marked as "Soprano" for Pastime. Are we to learn the track marked "Alto"?

      I also want to add how much I appreciate all the hard work going into the learning tracks. This is my first time singing with the Known World Choir and I would be lost without them. Thanks so much!!! Vivianne
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13 9:33 AM
        Vivianne,

        Thanks for the encouragement about the learning tracks. The goal is to make the experience accessible to as many singers as possible..

        As for "Pastime" Siri wrote this in her 'Notes on Repertoire' document:

        "Pastime: Soprano, Alto/Tenor, Bass (Men who are able to sing the Bass part, please do so)"

        I labeled the tracks ATB based on the title of the sheet music, but it really SHOULD be labeled Sop, Alto/tenor, Bass for the three tracks..

        Robyn

        P.S. I think Siri is a bit off-line right now as she is at a camp so I am answering for her in the interim. She will correct me of course when she comes back if this is wrong :-)

        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "vivianne212000" <gypysnara@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        > I notice that there is no learning track marked as "Soprano" for Pastime. Are we to learn the track marked "Alto"?
        >
        > I also want to add how much I appreciate all the hard work going into the learning tracks. This is my first time singing with the Known World Choir and I would be lost without them. Thanks so much!!! Vivianne

      • Heather Fox
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13 9:35 AM

          Thanks so much for the reply. That is the version I was practicing I just wanted to make sure I was learning the right part :-) Vivianne

          On Jul 13, 2013 12:33 PM, "Dave" <dsrubin2004@...> wrote:

          Vivianne,

          Thanks for the encouragement about the learning tracks. The goal is to make the experience accessible to as many singers as possible..

          As for "Pastime" Siri wrote this in her 'Notes on Repertoire' document:

          "Pastime: Soprano, Alto/Tenor, Bass (Men who are able to sing the Bass part, please do so)"

          I labeled the tracks ATB based on the title of the sheet music, but it really SHOULD be labeled Sop, Alto/tenor, Bass for the three tracks..

          Robyn

          P.S. I think Siri is a bit off-line right now as she is at a camp so I am answering for her in the interim. She will correct me of course when she comes back if this is wrong :-)

          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "vivianne212000" <gypysnara@...> wrote:

          > Greetings,
          > I notice that there is no learning track marked as "Soprano" for Pastime. Are we to learn the track marked "Alto"?
          >
          > I also want to add how much I appreciate all the hard work going into the learning tracks. This is my first time singing with the Known World Choir and I would be lost without them. Thanks so much!!! Vivianne

        • Jo-Ann
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 15 4:41 AM
            Thanks for replying, Robyn.  I was in the woods running a music festival, and my internet wasn't working!

            Lady Siri