Sicut Cervus instrumental MP3s

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 12 6:41 AM

      From: cailin_mac_aindreis <ChoirPower@...>
      To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 9:00 AM
      Subject: [KWChoir] Repost: Sicut Cervus learning tracks on YouTube

      Good morrow, gentles all -

      I'm taking the liberty of reposting Lady Siri's message from the end of May with links to learning tracks for Sicut Cervus that are available on YouTube. Take look and listen - I believe they can be very helpful.

      Yours in service,
      Cailin mac Aindreis

      -------------------------
      Greetings Choristers!

      Sicut Cervus is one of my favorite Palestrina pieces. I sang it with Cantata
      Academy of Detroit in Italy and Croatia a few years back, and it is always a
      crowd (as well as singer!) pleaser.

      Here are some Youtube videos which can serve as learning tracks (but more are
      forthcoming). My favorite videos (which were sung tracks) were taken down by
      the owner, and I did not get a clear answer as to why. Regardless, they are no
      longer available. These have a "pleasant-to-listen-to" midi of all four voices
      with the "main" voice highlighted. On the video is the sheet music. These
      videos are in the key we will be performing in, A-flat. I will also be
      converting the audio to mp3 and posting them in the files section. Please
      ignore the ritardando in measures 21-26.

      All parts:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRyU7kkfyvg&list=PL97817C86F4384FBC

      Soprano:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHOvGVJZFUw&list=PL97817C86F4384FBC

      Alto:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3EtjJEOmDM&list=PL97817C86F4384FBC

      Tenor:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkbOnfogE64&list=PL97817C86F4384FBC

      Bass:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v3ydL3u6xs&list=PL97817C86F4384FBC

      Posting pronunciation soon . . . .

      Lady Siri

    • Tim Thomas
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 12 8:00 AM
        Thanks, Arianna!

        If people would find them useful, I can take the sung-learning videos from YouTube and turn them into .mp3 audio files for downloading onto your personal mp3 players.  Please let me know if you would find this useful, and I'll get right on it.

        Cailin

        Sent from my iPad

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 12 8:14 AM
          Are there sung learning tracks for Sicut Cervus somewhere else? The YouTube links Siri provided were instrumental, like the files I posted to the Yahoo Group.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 12 8:23 AM
            Yes Please :) Vivianne

            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Tim Thomas <ChoirPower@...> wrote:

            > Thanks, Arianna!
            >
            > If people would find them useful, I can take the sung-learning videos from YouTube and turn them into .mp3 audio files for downloading onto your personal mp3 players. Please let me know if you would find this useful, and I'll get right on it.
            >
            > Cailin
            >
            > Sent from my iPad
            >
            > On Jul 12, 2013, at 9:41 AM, Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...> wrote:

            > > Arianna of Wynthrope