Re: Men's/Women's Pieces

  • bianca_di_alessandro
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 19, 2013
      Thanks for the reply. If I recall correctly, the bulk of the tenor section is, in fact, female, or at least it has been for the last two years.

      Bianca

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Jo-Ann <JoniSyngs@...> wrote:

      > Greetings!
      >
      > Goahead and look at the Alto line in "Four Hands" (Women's piece). We chose to do a piece for Men and one for Women, selected the keys carefully(Cailin actually re-arranged "I Goe"), so all would feel comfortablesinging them. The lyrics of "I Goe" are REALLY not for theladies to sing!
      >
      > Wheneverpossible we would like all women to be singing Soprano and Alto, and all men tobe singing Tenor and Bass, but we will see what happens with the numbers ofsingers.
      > More information will be posted about voicings for the individual pieces very soon!
      >
      > Lady Siri

    • Carol
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 19, 2013
        Bianca,

        I was so looking forward to being at Pennsic and singing in the KWC. However, I hurt my foot at Lilies, and I will not be coming to Pennsic. Someone should take my name off the list. Sorry.

        Annabella
        Alto I
      • Jo-Ann
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 20, 2013
          Greetings Bianca!

          Indeed!  Here's hoping that the choir sections will be more balanced as in years past.

          Thank you for your question!

          YIS
          Lady Siri

          Thanks for the reply. If I recall correctly, the bulk of the tenor section is, in fact, female, or at least it has been for the last two years.

          Bianca

          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Jo-Ann <JoniSyngs@...> wrote:

          > Greetings!
          >
          > Goahead and look at the Alto line in "Four Hands" (Women's piece). We chose to do a piece for Men and one for Women, selected the keys carefully(Cailin actually re-arranged "I Goe"), so all would feel comfortablesinging them. The lyrics of "I Goe" are REALLY not for theladies to sing!
          >
          > Wheneverpossible we would like all women to be singing Soprano and Alto, and all men tobe singing Tenor and Bass, but we will see what happens with the numbers ofsingers.
          > More information will be posted about voicings for the individual pieces very soon!
          >
          > Lady Siri

        • jonisyngs
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 20, 2013
            Oh ouch! So sorry you will not be with us! You will be missed.

            Lady Siri