Re: Pennsic details for the Performing Arts Tents

  • maria daggett
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28 4:47 PM
      Hello all.
         It's starting.
      The planning.
      The signing up.
      The volunteering.
      The making things go

      We are the largest group that uses the space so it's important to look at the schedule and see when/where we can help.

      Lorelei will be putting out a sign up sheet in a few weeks, but here are a few of the places where you can help.

      The new Performing Arts Rehearsal Tent needs a 5 gallon water cooler. Does anyone have one that they can contribute to the new tent?

      Speaking of water....
      It would be great if you can look into your camp and see if there's a teen who needs a little work for war.  The water cooler needs refilling each day at least twice.

      Putting up and taking down the Performing Arts Tent.  This is a biggie.  Bring a battery operated screw driver/drill and have a blast.

      One of the requirements for use of the PA tent is that there are 2 volunteers to help with set up and 2 volunteers to help with Strike.
      The set up includes the actual stage and steps, putting up lights and setting up chairs.

      In reality - no volunteers kinda means that we get low priority for the following year.

      With the number of participants in the choir... there must be a few that would be able to volunteer for these details.
      And the beauty of it is... that it can be a friend, or camp member, someone who might enjoy the state set up.

      Other than us trying to keep the water coolers filled up (which as you know didn't always work out well) there weren't any other choir participants on the volunteer schedule for last year.  (this makes erlan sad).

      So, advance notice... look at schedules... and see where it can be possible....

      Since we have a new tent this year... and it's pretty much our tent there are needs... so the first class in the AM might need to lift the walls. ... last one out might need to drop walls... ya da ya da.

      You get the idea.

      So, when I post the needs shseet and sign up sheet. I really hope that we as one of the largest Pennsic Performing Communitites can contribute!

      Thank you