Re: CHOIR this year.

  • wingedpilgrim
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4 4:38 PM
      Oo! I totally want to audition for Chorulus Pennsicus. I was unaware of all the changes to the choir(s). When and how is auditioning happening?
      Alexandra

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Erlan" <daggett42@...> wrote:

      > OK folks, so plans are underway... things are a foot.. and we're rockin and rollin....
      >
      > We will have the Adult Choir... the Youth Choir... and the Children's Choir and Chorulus Pennsicus.
      >
      > Erlan is directing the CP this year and I am looking for those who might want to audition to participate.
      >
      > While I am taking this on... only because Mistress Arianna can't do it this year... I am just holding her place. With all hope and good health she will return to direct this group next year.
      >
      > I don't have a program yet, I'm still thinking. Over the years, I've seen the Adult Choir take on less difficult pieces just due to the time restraint, participants, and all the STUFF that goes on at Pennsic... so I am considering doing something a bit challenging. tee hee. I'm still working on it, but I am always interested to hear suggestions from other Choir members. I like to hear what YOU might like to sing or hear... so, let me know.
      >
      > Just a few other classes that are happening that might be of interest to our members...
      >
      > Recorder Jam session - 3 sessions, 90 minutes each. It will begin with easy, children music and progress onto more difficult music. 7/25, 7/28, 7/29 from 3:30-5:00 in the same tent that the Choir is rehearsing in.
      >
      > I'm also teaching a class called Modern Music for the Medievally Minded which is a modern music theory class for those who are into medieval and renaissance music and need some basics or refreshers. I've asked that it be scheduled in the morning though and it's 2 hours but hopefully it will be before Choir rehearsals start.
      >
      > I hope that others might suggest a class for someone to teach or take on teaching!
      >
      > Don't forget that the class deadline for the University to get IN THE GATE BOOK... is coming up. April 15th, so if you ARE going to teach.... nudge nudge...
      >
      > 105 days till war!!
      >
      > Erlan Nordenskald
      > Director Emeritas, KWC

    • Carol
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4 5:24 PM
        Erlan,

        I am coming back to Pennsic this year! Yes, I would like to audition for CP and might like to be in the Adult Choir also. I am having trouble finding when they will meet and when rehearsals start, but maybe that information is not out yet. I realize I'll need to get the music, but it's only April.

        Annabella
        Carol Luer from St. Louis