Re: [KWChoir] Re: [scamusicians] New Music in an Old Style

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2013
      Oh, yes - arrangement is MUCH easier than composition.

      Many years ago, I think around 1982, I arranged a bunch of dance music for my barony's instrumental ensemble. At the time it was because our dance mistress' box of dance tapes had been stolen, so rather than try to hunt down sources for all that music to recreate the tapes, I figured we could just record it and then we'd have the right tempi, number of repetitions, etc. It was one of the first booklets of dance arrangements I know of in the SCA, though it has since been superceded by better arrangements (many of mine were very simple, in part because my instrumental ensemble had a lot of beginners in it). Still, you occasionally find some of my versions labeled "Arr. Arianna" in the Pennsic Pile. :-)

      Arianna