Re: [KWChoir] Re: What are you singing?

  • Elizabeth Dowling
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 31, 2013
      My news isn't so great: my husband is in Hospice, so while I hope that
      the doctor is wrong, I am just thinking of a few simple music pieces
      that will do. My sister is the choir director at her church, so if I
      can't do it, she can do any of the music. Both my sister and I tend to
      prefer traditional Medieval pieces; I'm thinking of a chant "In
      Paradiso" etc. Nothing too difficult at this time. I would also use
      some of the translations my husband did from Latin to English; music
      arranged by moi (not modern style music, but the original scores are lost).
      Elizabeth of Gwyntarian (Elizabeth Dowling)
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2013
        Oh, Elizabeth, I'm so very sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he's being kept comfortable, and I wish you strength to handle whatever lies ahead. You have my heartfelt sympathy.

        Arianna

        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 1, 2013
          Thank you. I know my post was partly off-topic, but I also feel
          responsible for the music if he does pass away. There is plenty of music
          as a possibility. I've sung in the Mozart Requiem, but it's not going to
          be that complex, and if possible the music would sound just a tad earlier.
          Elizabeth

          Karen Kasper wrote:
          > Oh, Elizabeth, I'm so very sorry to hear about your husband. I hope
          > he's being kept comfortable, and I wish you strength to handle
          > whatever lies ahead. You have my heartfelt sympathy.
          >
          > Arianna

        • Jo-Ann
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 1, 2013
            Wishing you peace and strength.  If we can do anything to help you with resources or research, do not hesitate to ask.

            Siri