Re: What are you singing?

  • maria daggett
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 31, 2013
      OH I love hearing what's been going on.
        quick update on me.
      1) I've gotten in touch with Lorilei and Rachel for the youth choir.
      Also been co-ordinating with Martyn De halliwell who is the Youth and Family Cord for war.
         The Youth Choir and Children's Choir will rehearse in the A and S area in a tent each morning.  Lady Rachel who is, by the way, one of Mistress Arianna's apprentices.... will be directing the Youth Choirs.... we are in touch and are making plans.
      Youth will perform at the KWC&F concert probably at the beginning again, it worked out well last year.

      My current plan is to assist where needed.... and teach a whole bunch of classes, some for adults, some for kids and hopefully work on getting a next generation of musicians working with us.

      On another note, our East Kingdom had quite a blast for our Kingdom 12th night... the locals got together to work on some really nice early period french music in honor of Lady Bruissinde being elevated and if you know her, you know that she is French and speaks it as a primary language.   Martyn sang (amazing voice)  Baroness Sabine, Master Arden, Mistress Sol and, me and a few others... it was nice.

      As for other things.. I am the Music Coordinator for this year's Known World Dance and Music Symposium.  I am taking the proposals for the music classes and the NON- European Dance classes.

      My e mail for THAT is
      KWDSmusic@...

      I am accepting class proposals until Feb 10th.   Please pass this a long to anyone who you know might be interested.  The classes do NOT have to be about Dance, and can be performance, historical, lecture or by example.   I have 9 spots left to fill.  It's in Saratoga Springs NY in the Barony of Concordia.

      OH, I'm home recouperating from surgery.... nothing too traumatic but I can't work for  2 months.   I'm OK.    no worries!!

      Happy Winter.

      Erlan

    • Elizabeth Dowling
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 31, 2013
        My news isn't so great: my husband is in Hospice, so while I hope that
        the doctor is wrong, I am just thinking of a few simple music pieces
        that will do. My sister is the choir director at her church, so if I
        can't do it, she can do any of the music. Both my sister and I tend to
        prefer traditional Medieval pieces; I'm thinking of a chant "In
        Paradiso" etc. Nothing too difficult at this time. I would also use
        some of the translations my husband did from Latin to English; music
        arranged by moi (not modern style music, but the original scores are lost).
        Elizabeth of Gwyntarian (Elizabeth Dowling)
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 1, 2013
          Oh, Elizabeth, I'm so very sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he's being kept comfortable, and I wish you strength to handle whatever lies ahead. You have my heartfelt sympathy.

          Arianna

          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 1, 2013
            Thank you. I know my post was partly off-topic, but I also feel
            responsible for the music if he does pass away. There is plenty of music
            as a possibility. I've sung in the Mozart Requiem, but it's not going to
            be that complex, and if possible the music would sound just a tad earlier.
            Elizabeth

            Karen Kasper wrote:
            > Oh, Elizabeth, I'm so very sorry to hear about your husband. I hope
            > he's being kept comfortable, and I wish you strength to handle
            > whatever lies ahead. You have my heartfelt sympathy.
            >
            > Arianna

          • Jo-Ann
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 1, 2013
              Wishing you peace and strength.  If we can do anything to help you with resources or research, do not hesitate to ask.

              Siri