Re: [KWChoir] Re: schedules / music

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
      Gee, Richard, thanks a lot for "outing" me! :-S Yeah, I play recorder,
      or at least I used to, and I do have a tenor, soprano, and alto though
      it's been so long since I've played alto I'm sure I've forgotten my F
      fingerings. If you're short of players I might be able to participate.

      My primary issue would be scheduling rehearsals around child care.
      Since the 4-6 pm choir practices don't conflict with battles, my
      husband and I can juggle the kids reasonably well, but at other times
      I'd have to bring them with me (and probably let them bring the
      normally-forbidden Gameboys) or find someone else to watch them.

      Arianna

      --- Tom Pellitieri <tpellitieri@...> wrote:
      > --- maria daggett <erlannordenskald@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > I am including some recorder / vocal things and will
      > > be doing separate recorder sessions for any one
      > > interested or if you know someone.
      >
      > I know I'm not the only recorder player on this list (Hi, Arianna!),
      > but you can certainly add me to those interested (at least for the
      > pieces that don't need vocal tenors). I can play bass, alto, soprano
      > or sopranino (no tenor recorder, sorry).
      >
      > --Richard Tyler of Swiftwater

      __________________________________
      Discover Yahoo!
    • maria daggett
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
        I know that this is a little later than usual with
        sending out music, getting websites up and running,
        but my year is a little different too.
        I am looking for a new job, and unfortunatly, I have
        had some medical issues which kept me kinda out of the
        loop for a while.
        But I report that things seem ok, I have fought a
        battle and won, not necessarily the war, but the
        battle!
        Needles to say, fighting at Pennsic this year will
        not be an option for me - :( maybe next year.

        And, I just got engaged, so mundane life has
        interjected into my personal life in the SCA, BUT,
        things are OK. Still need a job, but I am feeling
        ALOT better and more energetic...
        so
        music will come out shortly

        anyone who e mailed me will receive an email letter
        with instructions and it will also appear on the list
        AND on the pennsicwar.org set.

        We still need MEN to sing tenor parts and bass parts.

        milles regrats was in my maybe pile and I didn't
        select it.

        THANK YOU FOR RECORDER VOLUNTEERS - I really am
        excited about creating more of a collegium musicum
        with the Choir this year. Since so much of Josquin
        just is wonderful on recorder, I feel that it would be
        a great asset to include these pieces and it gives the
        voices a chance to rest in between.

        See you in August.

        Erlan

        PS< for anyone local in the East, I will be at Barren
        Sands war and Spring War Practice in Eisental just in
        case anyone wanted to attend a singing session. I
        will be hosting both singing and recorder at these
        events.

        http://mail.yahoo.com