Re: [KWChoir] Happy New Year, Singers!!

  • myfanwy@pug.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2012
      Looking forward to it!

      Myfanwy

      On Dec 31, 2012, at 6:42 AM, jonisyngs wrote:

      A healthy and Happy New Year to all of our KWChoir members. Soon, news will be available to me regarding KWC rehearsal schedules for Pennsic 42. I have been pondering literature choices, and would like to announce that one of our pieces will be Sicut Cervus by Palestrina.

      I have not found the "perfect" Youtube video with the tempo and key (A-flat) and pronunciation for Sicut Cervus that I prefer, so I'll post a series of videos in another email specifically outlining the present plan. I believe that archives are being cleared out so I can begin posting recordings of learning tracks.

      So Cailin and I will be posting a repertoire list soon. Until then, stay warm (those of you enjoying the pretty snow!) and start making some happy Pennsic plans!!

      Musically Yours in Service,
      Siiri Toivosdotter
      (mka Jo-Ann Sheffer)

    • Susan Kell
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2013
        Greetings, all -

        I am embarrassed to say that the CD of the KWC at Pennsic 2012 is *finally* ready!

        It was a noisy war, so there is a lot of background noise, but the music is lovely.

        To order online, the new CD is available at:

        CDs from previous years can also be ordered at:

        We have held the cost to the same $4 per CD as in past years, plus shipping. (Plus MA sales tax, if applicable.)

        If you prefer to order by mail, please use the online ordering system to calculate your total and shipping, but print the page instead of using the PayPal checkout function. You can then mail your order and your check or money order (US$ only) to us at:
        Richard Monroe
        167 Wilson Street
        Framingham, MA  01702

        We have started "production" and will begin shipments Monday 1/28.

        Anyone who is attending the East Kingdom's "A Market Day at Birka" event next weekend can purchase CDs in person, and save the shipping costs. If you would like me to reserve CDs for you, please send me a message privately to let me know how many copies you want and for which years. You can then pick them up at "Kellswood Krafts" and pay in cash or by check.

        Thank you for your wonderful music!

        Warm wishes,
        Ygraine

        Baroness Ygraine of Kellswood
        Companion of the Laurel and of the Pelican
        East Kingdom Archery Scorekeeper

        Susan Kell
        CFO, Production Manager & Shipping Clerk
        Bard Wire Productions

      • Janet Ryan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 23, 2013
          Hello!

          I'll be going to Musicians' Day, not Birka, but friends are going to Birka.  If you take along a cd of this past year's choir to Birka, I'll ask a friend to pick it up for me.  :-)
          Alison

          I am embarrassed to say that the CD of the KWC at Pennsic 2012 is *finally* ready!

          It was a noisy war, so there is a lot of background noise, but the music is lovely.

          To order online, the new CD is available at:
          http://www.bardwire.com/kwc-pennsic41.htm

          CDs from previous years can also be ordered at:
          http://www.bardwire.com/shop.htm

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 23, 2013

            Will-do!
            Please ask the person picking up your copy to let me know it is your copy (as I'll have 1 reserved *for you*).
            Warm wishes,
            Ygraine

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 23, 2013
              Ygraine,
              I am sending you a check for 4 cd's (plus shipping/handling)
              Thank you so very much for your service!!
              Mairghreicc

              http://www.bardwire.com/