Re: schedules / music

  • Tom Pellitieri
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
      --- maria daggett <erlannordenskald@y...> wrote:

      > I am including some recorder / vocal things and will
      > be doing separate recorder sessions for any one
      > interested or if you know someone.

      I know I'm not the only recorder player on this list (Hi, Arianna!),
      but you can certainly add me to those interested (at least for the
      pieces that don't need vocal tenors). I can play bass, alto, soprano
      or sopranino (no tenor recorder, sorry).

      --Richard Tyler of Swiftwater
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
        Gee, Richard, thanks a lot for "outing" me! :-S Yeah, I play recorder,
        or at least I used to, and I do have a tenor, soprano, and alto though
        it's been so long since I've played alto I'm sure I've forgotten my F
        fingerings. If you're short of players I might be able to participate.

        My primary issue would be scheduling rehearsals around child care.
        Since the 4-6 pm choir practices don't conflict with battles, my
        husband and I can juggle the kids reasonably well, but at other times
        I'd have to bring them with me (and probably let them bring the
        normally-forbidden Gameboys) or find someone else to watch them.

        Arianna

        --- Tom Pellitieri <tpellitieri@...> wrote:
        > --- maria daggett <erlannordenskald@y...> wrote:
        >
        > > I am including some recorder / vocal things and will
        > > be doing separate recorder sessions for any one
        > > interested or if you know someone.
        >
        > I know I'm not the only recorder player on this list (Hi, Arianna!),
        > but you can certainly add me to those interested (at least for the
        > pieces that don't need vocal tenors). I can play bass, alto, soprano
        > or sopranino (no tenor recorder, sorry).
        >
        > --Richard Tyler of Swiftwater

        __________________________________
        Discover Yahoo!
      • maria daggett
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
          I know that this is a little later than usual with
          sending out music, getting websites up and running,
          but my year is a little different too.
          I am looking for a new job, and unfortunatly, I have
          had some medical issues which kept me kinda out of the
          loop for a while.
          But I report that things seem ok, I have fought a
          battle and won, not necessarily the war, but the
          battle!
          Needles to say, fighting at Pennsic this year will
          not be an option for me - :( maybe next year.

          And, I just got engaged, so mundane life has
          interjected into my personal life in the SCA, BUT,
          things are OK. Still need a job, but I am feeling
          ALOT better and more energetic...
          so
          music will come out shortly

          anyone who e mailed me will receive an email letter
          with instructions and it will also appear on the list
          AND on the pennsicwar.org set.

          We still need MEN to sing tenor parts and bass parts.

          milles regrats was in my maybe pile and I didn't
          select it.

          THANK YOU FOR RECORDER VOLUNTEERS - I really am
          excited about creating more of a collegium musicum
          with the Choir this year. Since so much of Josquin
          just is wonderful on recorder, I feel that it would be
          a great asset to include these pieces and it gives the
          voices a chance to rest in between.

          See you in August.

          Erlan

          PS< for anyone local in the East, I will be at Barren
          Sands war and Spring War Practice in Eisental just in
          case anyone wanted to attend a singing session. I
          will be hosting both singing and recorder at these
          events.

          http://mail.yahoo.com