Re: Passing Of A Master

  • jonisyngs
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2012
      The passing of Owain Phyfe has been difficult for us here in Michigan. He happened to have lived in the town I also live in, Berkley. Cailin and I have been to one of the local restaurants several times to enjoy his performances, and of course attended his shows at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. Last weekend there was a lovely memorial service at MRF (which I was not able to attend due to professional obligation at Temple Israel). This coming weekend there will be two days of concerts where his music will be performed. Cailin and I are joining others to form a quartet. The link to the Facebook event is here:

      https://www.facebook.com/events/422632137784826/

      I think it would be appropriate to remember Owain at Pennsic 42 by performing some of his music. I had already chosen Pastime with Good Company, but am collecting more to peruse. The CDs I am currently working with are Live the Legend and Where Beauty Moves and Wit Delights. I recently ordered Sweet Was the Song.

      If you are on Facebook, there is a page which was created when we first learned of his illness, called We Love Owain Phyfe:

      https://www.facebook.com/groups/314018545360069/

      There are still many hospital bills to pay and you can help his family by purchasing CDs from this web site (the money goes directly to them):

      http://www.nightwatchrecording.com/catalogu.htm

      Going through the Nightwatch recording site to cdbaby is the best way (or so I am told).

      If any of those links don't work, please message me and I will send them to you directly. You can also friend me on Facebook.

      Siri Toivosdotter
      MKA Jo-Ann Sheffer