Re: [KWChoir] music arrangement question

  • jonisyngs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2012
      Hello Saphira!

      I'm still working on my repertoire list, and some of the pieces I am considering are three-part. That is indeed a concern.  Thank you for bringing it up!

      Siri

      From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2012
        A rainy afternoon can be a dangerous time for a curious mind - this all started out as a search for a (free) look at the orchestration of Ravel's Bolero...

        Sheetmusicplus.com was one music company I'd stumbled across. they had a bunch of music (to buy) when SAB and renaissance were used as search criteria. I don't know how many of them were modern arrangements, though. en.scorser linked to a Dutch site with a (free) de Lassus piece written in SAB clefs- In short I don't envy you. there's a lot to dig through and decide on. Happy Hunting, Sapphira

        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "jonisyngs@..." <JoniSyngs@...> wrote:

        > Hello Saphira!
        >
        > I'm still working on my repertoire list, and some of the pieces I am considering are three-part. That is indeed a concern. Thank you for bringing it up!
        >
        > Siri
        >
        > From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

      • jonisyngs
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 17, 2012
          Thank you, folks, for the advice and links! I have made Choral Public Domain Library and IMSLP (as well as other music search engines) my good friends, and all of the music is free; a necessity as there is no budget for the Known World Choir. At this moment, if we were to perform all the music I have collected for perusal, we would have a two-hour concert! Of course I'm going to have to whittle that down. . . . . Selecting a variety of languages and tempi, looking at multiple arrangements of the same piece to find one that fits the group. There will be some four-part and some three-part songs. I hope to find a collection that you will enjoy and encourage your friends to come sing with you.

          Siri