Re: schedules / music

  • maria daggett
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2005
      KWC schedule:
      http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn34/AANDS/choir.html

      Performing arts Pavillion Schedule:

      http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn34/AANDS/center.html#schedule

      I have music and it might be ready in oh, I'd say
      about a week.

      at the moment the line up is:

      Ave Maria (6 pt - SSAATB)
      - same initial phrase as the 4 part (sol - do) but a
      little different and heavier on the female ability.

      Tu pauperum refugium (SATB and recorder)
      (always wanted to do this one)

      Mass sections are Kyrie from Pange Lingua (SATB) and
      the GLORIA from Dux Ferrarie (hardly EVER done) (SATB)

      Absalon fili mi (SATB) and ONLY if we have the bass
      power to pull it off.

      Ell Grillo (SATB)
      Scaramella (SATB)

      MAYBE the 4 part L'homme arme) problem with that is
      it's in the middle category of possibly NOT by
      Josquin.

      Ile Fantazies De Josquin (reocrder)
      Mon Mary M'A Diffamee (recorder and smaller group
      female voices)

      De Tous Biens Plaine (recorders)

      I am including some recorder / vocal things and will
      be doing separate recorder sessions for any one
      interested or if you know someone.

      Keep checking this group listing for updated ...
      stuff.

      PS, We need tenors and basses... start recruiting. I
      might need to put together a war chest full of booty
      if we get desperate!!

      Thanks

    • Tom Pellitieri
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- maria daggett <erlannordenskald@y...> wrote:

        > I am including some recorder / vocal things and will
        > be doing separate recorder sessions for any one
        > interested or if you know someone.

        I know I'm not the only recorder player on this list (Hi, Arianna!),
        but you can certainly add me to those interested (at least for the
        pieces that don't need vocal tenors). I can play bass, alto, soprano
        or sopranino (no tenor recorder, sorry).

        --Richard Tyler of Swiftwater
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
          Gee, Richard, thanks a lot for "outing" me! :-S Yeah, I play recorder,
          or at least I used to, and I do have a tenor, soprano, and alto though
          it's been so long since I've played alto I'm sure I've forgotten my F
          fingerings. If you're short of players I might be able to participate.

          My primary issue would be scheduling rehearsals around child care.
          Since the 4-6 pm choir practices don't conflict with battles, my
          husband and I can juggle the kids reasonably well, but at other times
          I'd have to bring them with me (and probably let them bring the
          normally-forbidden Gameboys) or find someone else to watch them.

          Arianna

          --- Tom Pellitieri <tpellitieri@...> wrote:
          > --- maria daggett <erlannordenskald@y...> wrote:
          >
          > > I am including some recorder / vocal things and will
          > > be doing separate recorder sessions for any one
          > > interested or if you know someone.
          >
          > I know I'm not the only recorder player on this list (Hi, Arianna!),
          > but you can certainly add me to those interested (at least for the
          > pieces that don't need vocal tenors). I can play bass, alto, soprano
          > or sopranino (no tenor recorder, sorry).
          >
          > --Richard Tyler of Swiftwater

          __________________________________
          Discover Yahoo!
        • maria daggett
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
            I know that this is a little later than usual with
            sending out music, getting websites up and running,
            but my year is a little different too.
            I am looking for a new job, and unfortunatly, I have
            had some medical issues which kept me kinda out of the
            loop for a while.
            But I report that things seem ok, I have fought a
            battle and won, not necessarily the war, but the
            battle!
            Needles to say, fighting at Pennsic this year will
            not be an option for me - :( maybe next year.

            And, I just got engaged, so mundane life has
            interjected into my personal life in the SCA, BUT,
            things are OK. Still need a job, but I am feeling
            ALOT better and more energetic...
            so
            music will come out shortly

            anyone who e mailed me will receive an email letter
            with instructions and it will also appear on the list
            AND on the pennsicwar.org set.

            We still need MEN to sing tenor parts and bass parts.

            milles regrats was in my maybe pile and I didn't
            select it.

            THANK YOU FOR RECORDER VOLUNTEERS - I really am
            excited about creating more of a collegium musicum
            with the Choir this year. Since so much of Josquin
            just is wonderful on recorder, I feel that it would be
            a great asset to include these pieces and it gives the
            voices a chance to rest in between.

            See you in August.

            Erlan

            PS< for anyone local in the East, I will be at Barren
            Sands war and Spring War Practice in Eisental just in
            case anyone wanted to attend a singing session. I
            will be hosting both singing and recorder at these
            events.

            http://mail.yahoo.com