Passing Of A Master

  • Tabitha Pennywarden
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2012
      Copied from a different list, some sad tidings.
      Tabitha

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2012
        He was a very down- to - earth individual, he made no airs about who he was
        He shared his gift so very freely !!
        I know that his Lady Paula and family are feeling this loss greatly

        May he rest with the Masters who have gone before him

        June

      • Lv2TchMusic@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2012
          Although I have only been to a few Pennsics I count myself as one of those gentles lucky enough and blessed enough to have heard the beautiful sounds of Owain and Misha tucked away in one corner or another performing as only those two incredible musicians can. They would perform their magic for one or twenty or so many more, it never mattered to them. His voice, his playing, his life will be missed by us all.  I can only imagine that he is now making music somewhere in heaven free from his pain and free to forever make his music.

          Rufus

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 17, 2012
            The passing of Owain Phyfe has been difficult for us here in Michigan. He happened to have lived in the town I also live in, Berkley. Cailin and I have been to one of the local restaurants several times to enjoy his performances, and of course attended his shows at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. Last weekend there was a lovely memorial service at MRF (which I was not able to attend due to professional obligation at Temple Israel). This coming weekend there will be two days of concerts where his music will be performed. Cailin and I are joining others to form a quartet. The link to the Facebook event is here:

            https://www.facebook.com/events/422632137784826/

            I think it would be appropriate to remember Owain at Pennsic 42 by performing some of his music. I had already chosen Pastime with Good Company, but am collecting more to peruse. The CDs I am currently working with are Live the Legend and Where Beauty Moves and Wit Delights. I recently ordered Sweet Was the Song.

            If you are on Facebook, there is a page which was created when we first learned of his illness, called We Love Owain Phyfe:

            https://www.facebook.com/groups/314018545360069/

            There are still many hospital bills to pay and you can help his family by purchasing CDs from this web site (the money goes directly to them):

            http://www.nightwatchrecording.com/catalogu.htm

            Going through the Nightwatch recording site to cdbaby is the best way (or so I am told).

            If any of those links don't work, please message me and I will send them to you directly. You can also friend me on Facebook.

            Siri Toivosdotter
            MKA Jo-Ann Sheffer