Re: Digest Number 90

  • draculachanter
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2005
      I consider that performance my favorite, of my entire singing career,
      believe it or not. :-) We were awesome, the music was awesome, the
      audience was awesome...I'll never forget the feeling I had as we
      exited the barn, singing chant, lining up outside to wait for the
      audience's reaction. You're right; one could hear a pin drop in the
      silence following our exit. The tumultuous applause and hooting just
      frosted the cake!

      There was a blonde lade from Settmour Swamp who said her husband
      taped it...could that be you? I'd dearly love to acquire a copy
      somehow...

      Heloise

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, chirurgeon@a... wrote:
      > I was there, too, on Sop 6. What an amazing piece of music. What
      a cool set! I'd love to be a part of singing that one again. With
      that many people singing the piece, in the middle of the song the
      whole piece suddenly takes on a life of its own. The Barn was so
      silent after the end of that song that you could hear a pin drop. My
      husband described his experience listening to the piece:
      > "That was phenomenal--I thought the Rapture had happened and angels
      had come for me because that's the kind of music you'd hear in heaven"
      > Eleanor

    • maria daggett
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2005
        KWC schedule:
        http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn34/AANDS/choir.html

        Performing arts Pavillion Schedule:

        http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn34/AANDS/center.html#schedule

        I have music and it might be ready in oh, I'd say
        about a week.

        at the moment the line up is:

        Ave Maria (6 pt - SSAATB)
        - same initial phrase as the 4 part (sol - do) but a
        little different and heavier on the female ability.

        Tu pauperum refugium (SATB and recorder)
        (always wanted to do this one)

        Mass sections are Kyrie from Pange Lingua (SATB) and
        the GLORIA from Dux Ferrarie (hardly EVER done) (SATB)

        Absalon fili mi (SATB) and ONLY if we have the bass
        power to pull it off.

        Ell Grillo (SATB)
        Scaramella (SATB)

        MAYBE the 4 part L'homme arme) problem with that is
        it's in the middle category of possibly NOT by
        Josquin.

        Ile Fantazies De Josquin (reocrder)
        Mon Mary M'A Diffamee (recorder and smaller group
        female voices)

        De Tous Biens Plaine (recorders)

        I am including some recorder / vocal things and will
        be doing separate recorder sessions for any one
        interested or if you know someone.

        Keep checking this group listing for updated ...
        stuff.

        PS, We need tenors and basses... start recruiting. I
        might need to put together a war chest full of booty
        if we get desperate!!

        Thanks

      • Tom Pellitieri
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
          --- maria daggett <erlannordenskald@y...> wrote:

          > I am including some recorder / vocal things and will
          > be doing separate recorder sessions for any one
          > interested or if you know someone.

          I know I'm not the only recorder player on this list (Hi, Arianna!),
          but you can certainly add me to those interested (at least for the
          pieces that don't need vocal tenors). I can play bass, alto, soprano
          or sopranino (no tenor recorder, sorry).

          --Richard Tyler of Swiftwater
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
            Gee, Richard, thanks a lot for "outing" me! :-S Yeah, I play recorder,
            or at least I used to, and I do have a tenor, soprano, and alto though
            it's been so long since I've played alto I'm sure I've forgotten my F
            fingerings. If you're short of players I might be able to participate.

            My primary issue would be scheduling rehearsals around child care.
            Since the 4-6 pm choir practices don't conflict with battles, my
            husband and I can juggle the kids reasonably well, but at other times
            I'd have to bring them with me (and probably let them bring the
            normally-forbidden Gameboys) or find someone else to watch them.

            Arianna

            --- Tom Pellitieri <tpellitieri@...> wrote:
            > --- maria daggett <erlannordenskald@y...> wrote:
            >
            > > I am including some recorder / vocal things and will
            > > be doing separate recorder sessions for any one
            > > interested or if you know someone.
            >
            > I know I'm not the only recorder player on this list (Hi, Arianna!),
            > but you can certainly add me to those interested (at least for the
            > pieces that don't need vocal tenors). I can play bass, alto, soprano
            > or sopranino (no tenor recorder, sorry).
            >
            > --Richard Tyler of Swiftwater

            __________________________________
            Discover Yahoo!
          • maria daggett
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
              I know that this is a little later than usual with
              sending out music, getting websites up and running,
              but my year is a little different too.
              I am looking for a new job, and unfortunatly, I have
              had some medical issues which kept me kinda out of the
              loop for a while.
              But I report that things seem ok, I have fought a
              battle and won, not necessarily the war, but the
              battle!
              Needles to say, fighting at Pennsic this year will
              not be an option for me - :( maybe next year.

              And, I just got engaged, so mundane life has
              interjected into my personal life in the SCA, BUT,
              things are OK. Still need a job, but I am feeling
              ALOT better and more energetic...
              so
              music will come out shortly

              anyone who e mailed me will receive an email letter
              with instructions and it will also appear on the list
              AND on the pennsicwar.org set.

              We still need MEN to sing tenor parts and bass parts.

              milles regrats was in my maybe pile and I didn't
              select it.

              THANK YOU FOR RECORDER VOLUNTEERS - I really am
              excited about creating more of a collegium musicum
              with the Choir this year. Since so much of Josquin
              just is wonderful on recorder, I feel that it would be
              a great asset to include these pieces and it gives the
              voices a chance to rest in between.

              See you in August.

              Erlan

              PS< for anyone local in the East, I will be at Barren
              Sands war and Spring War Practice in Eisental just in
              case anyone wanted to attend a singing session. I
              will be hosting both singing and recorder at these
              events.

              http://mail.yahoo.com