Administrative Stuff to the list

  • KWChoir-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2012
      As you know (or may not) Yahoo is altering the groups format. It's probably a good idea to go into your groups setting and make sure everything is the way you like it.

      Also.... there are 330 members to this list!!! That's pretty awesome.

      I cleaned out a lot of bouncing members. Hope it wasn't YOU.
      :)

      See everyone at War!!

      Erlan
    • corun@medievalist.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2012
        Erlan,

        As a Yahoo Group owner (scamusicians, Perflist and garland) I received the email pasted in below this morning. It appears to be about some apps they had in beta that never made it into production outside beta testing. I never heard of these before so I am not concerned about any "lost data". But other groups owners may. All should have received this missive but I only got it once for scamusicians, and not the other two I own

        Corun

        Dear User,

        Unfortunately, the time has come to say goodbye to Yahoo! Groups Labs Applications (beta) and Groups Chat. We thank all the users that were a part
        of this program. We intend to use this learning to enhance Yahoo! Groups further with new features.

        On July 04, 2012, we will shut down the Yahoo! Groups Labs Applications (beta) and Groups Chat. We request you to backup any data that you might have
        created using the applications.

        This closure will not affect your other services on Yahoo! Groups.
        We look forward to continue having you as our customer.

        Best,
        The Yahoo! Groups Team