Thank you for uploading the music!

  • jonisyngs
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012
      Do you want Recorder accompaniment for any of these (particularly the Pes part for Sumer is icumen in)? I play Soprano, Alto and Tenor. I also have a Bass, but my hands aren't large enough to play it well. I can supply instruments.

      Siri Toivosdotter
      (Jo-Ann Sheffer)
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012
        As Siri discovered, I uploaded sheet music for the first three songs for this summer:

        If Ye Love Me (Tallis)
        Sumer is icumin in
        The Echo Song (Lassus) - we are singing the Chorus 1 part

        I have also uploaded midi files of a complete mix for each, as well as part predominant tracks. Work has begun on the sung learning tracks, but as you remember from a couple of years ago, those take longer.

        If you prefer MP3 format instead of midi (you can play MP3's on your iPod or on a CD in your car), they are relatively easy to convert and upload. But then they will be much larger. Let me know....

        Look in the 'files' section under Pennsic 41.

        The next song choice is most likely "Sing We and Chant It". While I know many of you have done that one to death, many have not. And I, for one, have never done it in a 50-60 person choir - which will be very interesting! (Maybe even some antiphonal oppotunities?) Plus it should come together quickly since so many of you are already familiar with it.

        That leaves Eliane's piece as a guest conductor (of which I understand she is very close to making her final selection), and 2-3 more pieces form me - most likely pretty solid polyphonic pieces. Stay tuned! (no pun intended).

        Finally - watch for links to interesting performances (usually YouTube) that will help you get a feel for how we will want to perform a piece. Don't you love using modern technology to help us perform centuries old music? :-)

        Robyn

        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "jonisyngs" <JoniSyngs@...> wrote:

        > Do you want Recorder accompaniment for any of these (particularly the Pes part for Sumer is icumen in)? I play Soprano, Alto and Tenor. I also have a Bass, but my hands aren't large enough to play it well. I can supply instruments.
        >
        > Siri Toivosdotter
        > (Jo-Ann Sheffer)

      • bianca_di_alessandro
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012
          MP3s would be most helpful, if you can do it. That way I can listen in the car and such.

          Bianca

          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dsrubin2004@...> wrote:

          > As Siri discovered, I uploaded sheet music for the first three songs for this summer:
          >
          > If Ye Love Me (Tallis)
          > Sumer is icumin in
          > The Echo Song (Lassus) - we are singing the Chorus 1 part
          >
          > I have also uploaded midi files of a complete mix for each, as well as part predominant tracks. Work has begun on the sung learning tracks, but as you remember from a couple of years ago, those take longer.
          >
          > If you prefer MP3 format instead of midi (you can play MP3's on your iPod or on a CD in your car), they are relatively easy to convert and upload. But then they will be much larger. Let me know....
          >
          > Look in the 'files' section under Pennsic 41.
          >
          > The next song choice is most likely "Sing We and Chant It". While I know many of you have done that one to death, many have not. And I, for one, have never done it in a 50-60 person choir - which will be very interesting! (Maybe even some antiphonal oppotunities?) Plus it should come together quickly since so many of you are already familiar with it.
          >
          > That leaves Eliane's piece as a guest conductor (of which I understand she is very close to making her final selection), and 2-3 more pieces form me - most likely pretty solid polyphonic pieces. Stay tuned! (no pun intended).
          >
          > Finally - watch for links to interesting performances (usually YouTube) that will help you get a feel for how we will want to perform a piece. Don't you love using modern technology to help us perform centuries old music? :-)
          >
          > Robyn
          >
          > --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "jonisyngs" <JoniSyngs@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Do you want Recorder accompaniment for any of these (particularly the Pes part for Sumer is icumen in)? I play Soprano, Alto and Tenor. I also have a Bass, but my hands aren't large enough to play it well. I can supply instruments.
          > >
          > > Siri Toivosdotter
          > > (Jo-Ann Sheffer)

        • Krege, Barbara B
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012

            Yes, please MP3s for me too.  I don't know anything about midis and will be traveling on a bus for about 2 weeks before Pennsic to about 4 different cities, and use my MP3 player to help me in learning the songs, since I don't sight read.

            Barbara

            MP3s would be most helpful, if you can do it. That way I can listen in the car and such.

            Bianca

            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dsrubin2004@...> wrote:

            > As Siri discovered, I uploaded sheet music for the first three songs for this summer:
            >
            > If Ye Love Me (Tallis)
            > Sumer is icumin in
            > The Echo Song (Lassus) - we are singing the Chorus 1 part
            >
            > I have also uploaded midi files of a complete mix for each, as well as part predominant tracks. Work has begun on the sung learning tracks, but as you remember from a couple of years ago, those take longer.
            >
            > If you prefer MP3 format instead of midi (you can play MP3's on your iPod or on a CD in your car), they are relatively easy to convert and upload. But then they will be much larger. Let me know....
            >
            > Look in the 'files' section under Pennsic 41.
            >
            > The next song choice is most likely "Sing We and Chant It". While I know many of you have done that one to death, many have not. And I, for one, have never done it in a 50-60 person choir - which will be very interesting! (Maybe even some antiphonal oppotunities?) Plus it should come together quickly since so many of you are already familiar with it.
            >
            > That leaves Eliane's piece as a guest conductor (of which I understand she is very close to making her final selection), and 2-3 more pieces form me - most likely pretty solid polyphonic pieces. Stay tuned! (no pun intended).
            >
            > Finally - watch for links to interesting performances (usually YouTube) that will help you get a feel for how we will want to perform a piece. Don't you love using modern technology to help us perform centuries old music? :-)
            >
            > Robyn
            >
            > --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "jonisyngs" <JoniSyngs@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Do you want Recorder accompaniment for any of these (particularly the Pes part for Sumer is icumen in)? I play Soprano, Alto and Tenor. I also have a Bass, but my hands aren't large enough to play it well. I can supply instruments.
            > >
            > > Siri Toivosdotter
            > > (Jo-Ann Sheffer)

          • Michelle (Maggie) Faid
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012
              I'm sure he'll have them up as soon as he can. Robin has made splendid learning tracks before. :)

              Tegwen