Re: [KWChoir] Youth Choir Pennsic 41

  • Jennifer Kobayashi
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2012
      Erlandr -
      This is great idea and I'm glad you will make it happen. I probably won't be there to help :-( but some suggestions for music that have worked well for me:

      Ravenscroft songs and rounds http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ravenscroft/ such as -
      Pammelia : Jinkin the Jester
      Deuteromelia : Three Blind Mice, The Great Bells of Osney,
      if you can tolerate the gigglling The Maid She Went A Milking
      Melismata: Kit and Tom chid-a
      It Was the Frogge in the Well
      Derry, ding, ding, dasson
      If you need modern notation versions of any of these I can probably oblige.

      Other suggestions:
      Tempus adest floridum from Piae Cantiones
      Sumer is Icumen In (with the more experience or adventurous on the melody and all who will on the ground)
      Some of the Codex Calixtinus or Lliber Vermell pieces seem viable.

      Hope you have a great time!

      -Jennifer/Gwendolyn