Youth Choir Pennsic 41

  • Krege, Barbara B
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2012

      Erlan, I am delighted that the Youth Choir will be a reality this year at Pennsic and I want to offer my support.

      I have a background check and I am also the person charged by the BOD for overseeing the background check process for youth officers and for youth combat marshals.  The background check paperwork still goes through Corporate office.  This is a new position for me effective Jan. 1, 2012.

      Millania, please contact me off-list at krege@..., with the name of your Kingdom and any difficulties you are having with your background check paperwork.  There seems to be some problems with background checks and I am just now becoming aware of them.  I don't know at what point the background check process seems to bog down and it could be different for different kingdoms.  There are several steps to take and it appears that each Kingdom has created its own process.  But I don't think it takes more than 2 months.  Thank you Millania for also volunteering to be your shire's Youth Minister.

      Erlan, let us know as soon as you know, the time each day the choir will be meeting, and I will help to spread the word.  I want to help with the choir, but I will also have other responsibilities at Pennsic.  The sooner I know the youth choir and adult choir's schedule, the sooner I can schedule my meetings around the choirs schedule.

      Thank you so very much Erlan for making this youth choir happen!

      Barbara Krege

      Special Deputy for Family and Youth Programs

      krege@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2012
        Erlandr -
        This is great idea and I'm glad you will make it happen. I probably won't be there to help :-( but some suggestions for music that have worked well for me:

        Ravenscroft songs and rounds http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ravenscroft/ such as -
        Pammelia : Jinkin the Jester
        Deuteromelia : Three Blind Mice, The Great Bells of Osney,
        if you can tolerate the gigglling The Maid She Went A Milking
        Melismata: Kit and Tom chid-a
        It Was the Frogge in the Well
        Derry, ding, ding, dasson
        If you need modern notation versions of any of these I can probably oblige.

        Other suggestions:
        Tempus adest floridum from Piae Cantiones
        Sumer is Icumen In (with the more experience or adventurous on the melody and all who will on the ground)
        Some of the Codex Calixtinus or Lliber Vermell pieces seem viable.

        Hope you have a great time!

        -Jennifer/Gwendolyn