Re: [KWChoir] Pennsic 41

  • Elizabeth Dowling
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13 6:18 PM
      Donna Nobis Pacem; There is no Rose; rounds, something unison...

      Erlandr Nordenskald wrote:

      > Hello all. Preparations are being made.. music is being
      > reviewed....files are being uploaded......
      >
      > This year we are going to try something new.. a Youth Choir. Yup,
      > we're going to do it.
      > So, while preparations for that are underway, here are a few things
      > that you... can help us with.
      >
      > Doing a children's choir is one way of ensuring that the Known World
      > Choir will continue. So some help will be needed. while the plans
      > aren't set in stone yet we are planning on doing a rehearsal a day for
      > about 40 minutes in the PA tent. while I have volunteered to direct
      > (herd the cats)the children's chorus, I will need help with
      > chaperones. The choir will need to have another 1 or 2 adults on board
      > each rehearsal (not related to me) and it would help IF you had
      > already had a background check. While it's not needed, it would help.
      > It would also be great to have folks who are familiar with being in
      > the choir.
      >
      > I'll also need some help when it comes to the performance, perhaps if
      > you know of a young adult, say a teenager or college student who might
      > be willing to supervise for the concert times.
      >
      > Also, this would be a perfect opportunity for anyone who wants to
      > direct to jump in and help with the children's choir. I am hoping to
      > have an assistant work with me... 2 even.... (please... don't let me
      > do this alone.......)
      >
      > Suggestions for music ---
      > Ideas for anything... would be appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Erlan

    • Melanie Hamilton
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13 7:28 PM
        Ok I'll throw my hat into the ring on this one.  I have 8 children myself (no joke... they range from 5-13). I am working on my background check for my new posititon with my shire as Youth minster (I had the most children so I won- LOL)  I hope it will be done by Pennisc... it seems to take forever...  Also I have experience in teaching children how to sing.  But most important since I have kids, I want them to enjoy what I love so much.

        Millania Steinhyve

        ---LTJG Melanie Hamilton, RN BSN
        USN Nurse Corps

        ---We are called the nation of inventors. And we are. We could still claim that title and wear its loftiest honors if we had stopped with the first thing we ever invented, which was human liberty.
        - Mark Twain:  Foreign Critics speech, 1890
        On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Erlandr Nordenskald <erlannordenskald@...> wrote:

[...]

        Melanie --

        Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

        - Mark Twain