Re: Pennsic Choir 41

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 10, 2012
      Nope - no theme (yet?). Any ideas along THOSE lines? I'm ok with making this WHOLE thing a group effort :-)

      Robyn

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Tracie Brown <strongerthantea@...> wrote:

      > Is there a theme this year?

    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 10, 2012
        Throwing out some possible theme suggestions:

        * Warfare - including the battle of the sexes: Anthony Petti's _Chester Books of Madrigals 7.Warfare_ collection might generate repertoire ideas:
        http://www.activemusician.com/item--HL.14025420

        * Carnival (in Venice?)
        Franchino Gaffurio or Franchinus Gaffurius wrote a Missa de Carneval
        http://etbubba.ecrater.com/p/4232198/missa-de-carneval-for-four-part
        and then there is _Carnival Songs from the Renaissance_
        http://imslp.org/wiki/Carnival_Songs_from_Renaissance_(Various)

        * Pick a particular Saint -

        *Roses or flowers -

        -Jennifer/Gwendolyn

        Nope - no theme (yet?). Any ideas along THOSE lines? I'm ok with making this WHOLE thing a group effort :-)

        Robyn

        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Tracie Brown <strongerthantea@...> wrote:

        > Is there a theme this year?

      • Beth Gurzler