Re: [KWChoir] Pennsic Choir 41

  • Tracie Brown
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2012
      Is there a theme this year?
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 10, 2012
        Nope - no theme (yet?). Any ideas along THOSE lines? I'm ok with making this WHOLE thing a group effort :-)

        Robyn

        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Tracie Brown <strongerthantea@...> wrote:

        > Is there a theme this year?

      • Jennifer Kobayashi
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 10, 2012
          Throwing out some possible theme suggestions:

          * Warfare - including the battle of the sexes: Anthony Petti's _Chester Books of Madrigals 7.Warfare_ collection might generate repertoire ideas:
          http://www.activemusician.com/item--HL.14025420

          * Carnival (in Venice?)
          Franchino Gaffurio or Franchinus Gaffurius wrote a Missa de Carneval
          http://etbubba.ecrater.com/p/4232198/missa-de-carneval-for-four-part
          and then there is _Carnival Songs from the Renaissance_
          http://imslp.org/wiki/Carnival_Songs_from_Renaissance_(Various)

          * Pick a particular Saint -

          *Roses or flowers -

          -Jennifer/Gwendolyn

          Nope - no theme (yet?). Any ideas along THOSE lines? I'm ok with making this WHOLE thing a group effort :-)

          Robyn

          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Tracie Brown <strongerthantea@...> wrote:

          > Is there a theme this year?

        • Beth Gurzler