Re: Pennsic Choir 41

  • Candice Larrivee
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
      Je me complains piteusement is a good one, as well as Andray Soulet and Mariam Matrem.
    • Tracie Brown
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2012
        Is there a theme this year?
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 10, 2012
          Nope - no theme (yet?). Any ideas along THOSE lines? I'm ok with making this WHOLE thing a group effort :-)

          Robyn

          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Tracie Brown <strongerthantea@...> wrote:

          > Is there a theme this year?

        • Jennifer Kobayashi
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 10, 2012
            Throwing out some possible theme suggestions:

            * Warfare - including the battle of the sexes: Anthony Petti's _Chester Books of Madrigals 7.Warfare_ collection might generate repertoire ideas:
            http://www.activemusician.com/item--HL.14025420

            * Carnival (in Venice?)
            Franchino Gaffurio or Franchinus Gaffurius wrote a Missa de Carneval
            http://etbubba.ecrater.com/p/4232198/missa-de-carneval-for-four-part
            and then there is _Carnival Songs from the Renaissance_
            http://imslp.org/wiki/Carnival_Songs_from_Renaissance_(Various)

            * Pick a particular Saint -

            *Roses or flowers -

            -Jennifer/Gwendolyn

            Nope - no theme (yet?). Any ideas along THOSE lines? I'm ok with making this WHOLE thing a group effort :-)

            Robyn

            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Tracie Brown <strongerthantea@...> wrote:

            > Is there a theme this year?

          • Beth Gurzler