Pennsic Choir 41 rehearsal schedule & Youth Choir
Good day Master Robyn and I am so looking forward to Pennsic Choir 41 under your direction.
I would appreciate it if you could post the actual rehearsal and performance times (daily schedule) as soon as you decide upon them.
I am a new deputy to the President of the SCA and I want to schedule a number of meetings with youth officers, youth and families -- around the Pennsic Choir rehearsal schedule.
Would the person who also wants to have a youth choir at Pennsic 41 please contact me off-list soon at krege@...
I am excited about the prospect of this wonderful opportunity for the youth at Pennsic 41!
Special Deputy for Family and Youth Programs
(THL Jayne Barber, Outlands, Soprano in KWC at Pennsic 38, 39 and 40)From: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com [KWChoir@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of Dave [dsrubin2004@...]
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2012 7:39 AM
Subject: [KWChoir] Pennsic Choir 41
Time to start thinking about Pennsic Choir this year!
A couple of key things:
- The schedule will remain essentially the same as past years:
Rehearsals 8/2 (Th) through 8/8 (W) - will be scheduled to avoid major war events (and it's ok if you don't get to the war by the 2nd)
8/8 (W) - "teaser" performance during "Midnight Madness" - about 8pm
8/9 (Th) (dress rehearsal and recording) - 1:00-3:00pm
8/9 (Th) (concert) - 6:00-7:00pm
- We expect to have a special guest director preparing and directing a song
- I plan to do good 'sung' learning tracks again, so those of us who don't read music so well can participate.
- Male voices (or REALLY low female voices!) are always at a premium, so start working on those guys who should be singing with us but keep finding excuses. If they want to fight as well, it can be done. If they think it's too much time committment, we can work something out...
- I'm always looking for song suggestions. Please don't just offer up the standards (i.e. O Magnum Mysterium), but suggest those jewels you are doing in your local group that aren't so widely known, but perhaps should be
- I'm also looking for suggestions on how to make the rehearsal schedule work better or more efficiently
Finally - talk to your households and others about blocking out the concert time in their war schedules so they can come to the concert. More audience is better!
I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you and of course seeing you at the war.
Master Robyn Solarius
Pennsic 41 Choir Director