Pennsic Choir 41

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
      Hi folks!

      Time to start thinking about Pennsic Choir this year!

      A couple of key things:

      - The schedule will remain essentially the same as past years:

      Rehearsals 8/2 (Th) through 8/8 (W) - will be scheduled to avoid major war events (and it's ok if you don't get to the war by the 2nd)
      8/8 (W) - "teaser" performance during "Midnight Madness" - about 8pm
      8/9 (Th) (dress rehearsal and recording) - 1:00-3:00pm
      8/9 (Th) (concert) - 6:00-7:00pm

      - We expect to have a special guest director preparing and directing a song

      - I plan to do good 'sung' learning tracks again, so those of us who don't read music so well can participate.

      - Male voices (or REALLY low female voices!) are always at a premium, so start working on those guys who should be singing with us but keep finding excuses. If they want to fight as well, it can be done. If they think it's too much time committment, we can work something out...

      - I'm always looking for song suggestions. Please don't just offer up the standards (i.e. O Magnum Mysterium), but suggest those jewels you are doing in your local group that aren't so widely known, but perhaps should be

      - I'm also looking for suggestions on how to make the rehearsal schedule work better or more efficiently

      Finally - talk to your households and others about blocking out the concert time in their war schedules so they can come to the concert. More audience is better!

      I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you and of course seeing you at the war.

      Master Robyn Solarius
      Pennsic 41 Choir Director
    • Candice Larrivee
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
        Je me complains piteusement is a good one, as well as Andray Soulet and Mariam Matrem.
      • Tracie Brown
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2012
          Is there a theme this year?
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 10, 2012
            Nope - no theme (yet?). Any ideas along THOSE lines? I'm ok with making this WHOLE thing a group effort :-)

            Robyn

            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Tracie Brown <strongerthantea@...> wrote:

            > Is there a theme this year?

          • Jennifer Kobayashi
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 10, 2012
              Throwing out some possible theme suggestions:

              * Warfare - including the battle of the sexes: Anthony Petti's _Chester Books of Madrigals 7.Warfare_ collection might generate repertoire ideas:
              http://www.activemusician.com/item--HL.14025420

              * Carnival (in Venice?)
              Franchino Gaffurio or Franchinus Gaffurius wrote a Missa de Carneval
              http://etbubba.ecrater.com/p/4232198/missa-de-carneval-for-four-part
              and then there is _Carnival Songs from the Renaissance_
              http://imslp.org/wiki/Carnival_Songs_from_Renaissance_(Various)

              * Pick a particular Saint -

              *Roses or flowers -

              -Jennifer/Gwendolyn

              Nope - no theme (yet?). Any ideas along THOSE lines? I'm ok with making this WHOLE thing a group effort :-)

              Robyn

              --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Tracie Brown <strongerthantea@...> wrote:

              > Is there a theme this year?

            • Beth Gurzler