Re: [KWChoir] C-Clef

  • harpadillo
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28, 2005
      I always thought of it as a fancy 3, but yes - the center point is C.  That's why it's so handy!  You can move it anywhere and know where C is.

      Niamh (who didn't pay much attention in Music Theory, either!)

      scarlets1@... wrote:
      Good gentles,

      I think I was the one with questions about the alto clef.  Can I assume that the little doohicky between the two backward C's comes to a point on whatever line is going to be C?  (Boy, I should REALLY have paid more attention in music theory class...)  I can see that if C is always changing its position on the staff from song to song, one could get better at sight reading.

      Yours in <sheepish and embarrassed> service,

      Amy Marie

      P. S.  And you're right:  your Dr. A. was a cruel and evil person.

      "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."
      - John Lennon

      http://mail.yahoo.com