Caroling with candels

  • annoney@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2011
      What do you use for a light source while doing period caroling?

      One solution is to take a 2 liter soda bottle and cut the bottom out of it.  Near the neck punch a few air holes.  Turn the bottle upside down and shove a candle in the bottle neck so the lit end of the candle is within the plastic.  Now you can hold the bottle neck and the plastic will keep the flame from blowing out and collect the melting wax.

      Theresa
    • mlaf
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2011
        We always just used candle lanterns.  Glass lanterns meant that they wouldn't blow out as we moved from house to house.  And when they are they kind that have the bail wire, the heat from the candle helps keep your hands warm...

        Melandra
        What do you use for a light source while doing period caroling?