RE: [KWChoir] Singable dances was Re: KWDMS 9

  • Beth Gurzler
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2011
      Hearts ease

      Sent from my Windows Phone

      From: mlaf
      Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:12 PM
      To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [KWChoir] Singable dances was  Re: KWDMS 9

      What are the ones you are thinking of?

      I have heard "If all the World was paper" sung to an English Country Dance.
      Belle Que has worked well for me to sing and dance to.

      Oak and Ash & thorn used to be sung to an English Country Dance in Caid = I'm not sure what the dance was called, but I think it was Posties or Posts or something like that.

      I've found what I was told was a (not very singable) English translation of Lament di Tristano, but I haven't ever seen the original - anyone know where I could find it?

      Another English Country Dance, the instructor was singing the directions.  I only remember the Chorus
      "take you partner by the hand, lead her out and back again, turn around in circles.  Take your corner by the hand, lead her out and back again, turn around in circles..."

      Melandra