Singable dances was Re: KWDMS 9

  • mlaf
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2011
      What are the ones you are thinking of?

      I have heard "If all the World was paper" sung to an English Country Dance.
      Belle Que has worked well for me to sing and dance to.

      Oak and Ash & thorn used to be sung to an English Country Dance in Caid = I'm not sure what the dance was called, but I think it was Posties or Posts or something like that.

      I've found what I was told was a (not very singable) English translation of Lament di Tristano, but I haven't ever seen the original - anyone know where I could find it?

      Another English Country Dance, the instructor was singing the directions.  I only remember the Chorus
      "take you partner by the hand, lead her out and back again, turn around in circles.  Take your corner by the hand, lead her out and back again, turn around in circles..."

      Melandra

      I can think of an interesting topic.  - Dance music that also has lyrics/vocal lines or alternate versions that include voice.  I can think of 2-3 right now and I think I could probably come up with at least 5.  Might be enough to hold a class on!
    • Margrett Norwoode
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2011
        The dance where your instructor was singing the instructions sounds like Rufty Tufty, both from the steps and from the fact that I have known more than one instructor doing that exact thing (with slightly different word choices on the instructions) to teach the dance to beginners to English Country Dance as a mnemonic for it.

        Lady Margrett

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2011
          Hearts ease

          Sent from my Windows Phone

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2011

            Yes - that was it....thanks!

            Melandra
            The dance where your instructor was singing the instructions sounds like Rufty Tufty,