Re: [KWChoir] Digest Number 732

  • Maria Eskinazi
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2011
      Hmm... While I did not get a request/call for teachers... i just assumed that the music classes could be on anyrthing in time period (sans bardic I believe).  Let me follow up on that.  My Laurel.. Deonna was the one who sent me details and asked if I was going to go and teach.  Hmmmmm.    I know that for KWDMS 10, SHE is the autocrat and I am handling music classes, and it's going to be in Saratoga Springs, NY, but I will follow up for this years.  Yes that would change my interests if EVERYTHING music HAD to pertain to dance.
      erlan

      Love is enternal

      G. Scott Eskinazi 1967-2009

          From: Erlandr Nordenskald
      1b. Re: KWDMS 9
          From: chrissings@...
      1c. Re: KWDMS 9
          From: Karen Kasper
      1d. Re: KWDMS 9
          From: chrissings@...
      1e. Re: KWDMS 9
          From: Michelle Faid

      Messages
      1a. KWDMS 9
          Posted by: "Erlandr Nordenskald" erlannordenskald@... erlannordenskald
          Date: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:43 pm ((PDT))

      http://www.kwdms9.com/

      I am thinking ahead to June. Any thoughts?
      Maybe a singing session... read through and sing.. like singing at Noon.
      Perhaps a recorder reading session?????

      what about a conducting workshop?

      this might be a neat place to test out a Pennsic class....

      just thinking ahead...

      erlan

      Messages in this topic (5)
      1b. Re: KWDMS 9
          Posted by: "chrissings@..." Chrissings@... christine.stuermer
          Date: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:41 am ((PDT))

      Thanks for sharing this information!  I would love to teach...something!  (Brain starts churning out ideas.)  Thanks to the year from hell, I did not get a chance to teach at Pennsic.  But I would love the opportunity to get in on the for the KWDMS.

      Mistress Arianna Morgan
      (MKA Chris Stuermer)
      Seneschal, Barony of Lochmere
      Kingdom of Atlantia
      SCA-MD, Inc.

          Posted by: "Karen Kasper" arianna_wyn@... arianna_wyn
          Date: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:09 am ((PDT))

      I received an event announcement / call for teachers on this a few weeks ago, but I have to admit that I was put off by the autocrats' request that all music classes relate to dancing.

      Erlan, have you spoken to the autocrats about your class ideas? If they are willing to support non-dance-related music, I'd certainly consider teaching there.

      Arianna

      >________________________________

      Messages in this topic (5)
      1d. Re: KWDMS 9
          Posted by: "chrissings@..." Chrissings@... christine.stuermer
          Date: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:56 am ((PDT))

      Did she really?  Umm wow.  That would limit things a bit.

[...]

      57-Year-Old Mom Looks 25
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4e9c25d06cd42da8702st02vuc

      Messages in this topic (5)
      1e. Re: KWDMS 9
          Posted by: "Michelle Faid" trinitysong@... trisanachandler
          Date: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:03 am ((PDT))

      So far as I understand, the intent of the event is to focus on the
      combination of music and dance. I've gotten a few pokes about playing for
      it, but I'm a bit far away.

      Tegwen

      On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 8:54 AM, chrissings@... <Chrissings@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Did she really?  Umm wow.  That would limit things a bit.
      >

      > Mistress Arianna Morgan
      > (MKA Chris Stuermer)
      > Seneschal, Barony of Lochmere
      > Kingdom of Atlantia