Re: C-Clef

  • Ealasaid nic Suibhne
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28, 2005
      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, scarlets1@a... wrote:
      > Good gentles,
      >
      > Yours in <sheepish and embarrassed> service,
      >
      > Amy Marie

      Amy Marie,

      Don't feel sheepish. I didn't even know there WERE other clefs. And I
      thought my 12 years of piano lessons had taught me music...

      I'm learning a lot, thank you, everyone, for the explanations.

      Ealasaid
    • Eric Grace
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 28, 2005
        Scripsit Amy Marie:
        >And you're right:  your Dr. A. was a
        >cruel and evil person.

        Yeah.  I loved him dearly.

        Elfrida (no, really!)

        Ignavi deficere debent.

      • harpadillo
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 28, 2005
          I always thought of it as a fancy 3, but yes - the center point is C.  That's why it's so handy!  You can move it anywhere and know where C is.

          Niamh (who didn't pay much attention in Music Theory, either!)

          scarlets1@... wrote:
          Good gentles,

          I think I was the one with questions about the alto clef.  Can I assume that the little doohicky between the two backward C's comes to a point on whatever line is going to be C?  (Boy, I should REALLY have paid more attention in music theory class...)  I can see that if C is always changing its position on the staff from song to song, one could get better at sight reading.

          Yours in <sheepish and embarrassed> service,

          Amy Marie

          P. S.  And you're right:  your Dr. A. was a cruel and evil person.

          "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."
          - John Lennon

          http://mail.yahoo.com