RE: [KWChoir] Requesting Help from a Couple of Singers for a Vigil Mass

  • Maria
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29 8:02 PM

      Good Lady Annetje:

      With regard to your request, I do not believe I know this particular setting of the Kyrie, but that should be no problem.  I read music, am an experienced choral singer, and have sung Kyrie’s before.

      I sing in the soprano range.

      As a practicing Catholic, participation in a mass is a non issue for me.  If scheduling and my time commitments allow (I am a retainer to Their Majesties, Lucan and Jana, Kind and Queen of the East) I would be honored to participate in a Pelican Vigil.

      Please let me know what develops.  I will be camping with the Canton of River Keep across the road from the Castle on the list field and directly behind the North Gate.  My cell phone is 518-588-6692.

      Yours in service

      Marea

      (Lady Marea Veronica d’Estoile)

      From: krumhorns@...
      Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 01:06:21 +0000

      I'm hoping to find a handful of singers to help sing a Kyrie in a small Catholic Mass to be celebrated as part of a Pelican vigil. The piece is a short (2 minute) simple plainchant and organum from the Notre Dame School.

      The chant range is all within the octaves on either side of middle C (low D to middle C, an octave above that, and G to F in between), with a drone parked on low D.

      If anyone would be comfortable participating in this manner in an actual mass, could you please contact me privately? Thanks.

      Annetje van Leuven
      Caer Anterth Mawr, Northshield