Re: [KWChoir] Digest Number 707

  • Jo-Ann
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2011
      Greetings, Erlan,

      I have a small solar panel which I plan to bring to Pennsic.  It has an attachment which will charge some drills, and folks can bring them to my camp to accomplish that task.  Cailean and I are camping with Starleaf Gate, just north of Darkyard's encampment, in N-18.

      Both of us sing professionally at Temples for High Holy Days services so we are able to assist with Hebrew (and you had another volunteer as well).  We are also able to assist with the German and the French (we are both music educators).

      Looking forward to meeting all of you,

      Siiri Toivosdottir
      (Jo-Ann Sheffer)

      From: Margrett Norwoode <mistressmargrett@ ameritech. net>
      Subject: [KWChoir] Request for pronunciation
      To: "Known World Choir" <KWChoir@yahoogroups .com>
      Date: Monday, July 25, 2011, 4:03 AM

      I would like to request that we go over the pronunciation of all the foreign language songs at the first rehearsal at Pennsic so that I don't keep burning mangled pronunciation to my brain's hard drive (LOL) while we put the music together.

      The only foreign language I took in high school & college was Spanish, which doesn't help with our non-English songs this year. And the Hebrew is something at which I cannot even guess, which has been really hurting any pre-Pennsic work on the music for me.

      Many thanks,

      Margrett

      2.

      Greetings from a new member

      Posted by: "jonisyngs" JoniSyngs@...   jonisyngs

      Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:35 am (PDT)

      Hello,

      I am looking forward to my third Pennsic War and making music while I'm there. While at Pennsic 38, I passed by the tent during rehearsal (wishing I could stay longer than a few days!), then at Pennsic 39 mentioned the fact that there is a Pennsic Choir to Cailean mac Anndrus (Tim Thomas who also just joined), and here I am.

      In the mundane world I serve as the Director of Music at Detroit Country Day Junior School, sing professionally at a Reformed Jewish Temple, and served as the Also Section Leader for Cantata Academy of Detroit for 13 years.

      I would like to know what sort of folder we should have our music in, or whether one is provided.

      Cheers!
      Siiri Toivosdottir
      (Jo-Ann Sheffer)

      3.

      New guy here!

      Posted by: "Chris Gray" adagiogray@...   adagiogray

      Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:58 am (PDT)

      Hello - just wanted to briefly introduce myself. I'm Christopher Gray, Chris is fine, I have no SCA name as of yet.
       I have been involved in local events and meets (The Marche of Tirnewydd, Middle Marches, Middle Kingdom, The Known World, etc etc)
      sporadically over the past twenty years, but this will be my first Pennsic. I look forward to learning and performing with all of you!

      ------------ ---------
      Christopher Gray
      adagiogray@yahoo. com
      ------------ ---------