RE: [KWChoir] Requesting Help from a Couple of Singers for a Vigil Mass

  • Michael R. Murphy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2011
      Annetje:

      Should you wish I will  volunteer.

      I know the mass.  I was born and raised a Catholic, although I no longer practice.  I learned Gregorian Chant in the third grade and sang it for five years.  I am also a professionally trained singer.  I usually sing bass with the KWC, but my lady and I did not care for the program this year, so I am free. I know several Keries.  Two minutes will not kill me.

      I used to be a second tenor, but as age has intervened, I usually do lyric baritone or bass.  My vocal range is completely within your needs.  Should you wish, I will audition for you.  Oh!  I am an old fart.  64.  But I ain't dead.  Let me know.

      Murchadha
      Herontir

      To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
      From: krumhorns@...
      Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 01:06:21 +0000
      Subject: [KWChoir] Requesting Help from a Couple of Singers for a Vigil Mass

      I'm hoping to find a handful of singers to help sing a Kyrie in a small Catholic Mass to be celebrated as part of a Pelican vigil. The piece is a short (2 minute) simple plainchant and organum from the Notre Dame School.

      The chant range is all within the octaves on either side of middle C (low D to middle C, an octave above that, and G to F in between), with a drone parked on low D.

      If anyone would be comfortable participating in this manner in an actual mass, could you please contact me privately? Thanks.

      Annetje van Leuven
      Caer Anterth Mawr, Northshield

    • Erlandr Nordenskald
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2011
        I would volunteer. It's all about the when.
        I'm pretty good at Kyrie's and Catholic Mass stuff.

        Talk to me at choir.

        Erlan
      • Maria
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 29, 2011

          Good Lady Annetje:

          With regard to your request, I do not believe I know this particular setting of the Kyrie, but that should be no problem.  I read music, am an experienced choral singer, and have sung Kyrie’s before.

          I sing in the soprano range.

          As a practicing Catholic, participation in a mass is a non issue for me.  If scheduling and my time commitments allow (I am a retainer to Their Majesties, Lucan and Jana, Kind and Queen of the East) I would be honored to participate in a Pelican Vigil.

          Please let me know what develops.  I will be camping with the Canton of River Keep across the road from the Castle on the list field and directly behind the North Gate.  My cell phone is 518-588-6692.

          Yours in service

          Marea

          (Lady Marea Veronica d’Estoile)