Debatable Choir Concert and CD (sightly OT)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2011
      Hi folks,

      I hope no one minds my plugging this year's Pennsic performance by my baronial chorus, the Debatable Choir.

      This year is the Debatable Choir's 25th anniversary, so we'll be singing an extra large concert of 15 pieces we've especially loved over the last quarter century, including di Lasso's "O Occhi Manza Mia," Bennet's "All Creatures Now," Josquin's "El Grillo," and other pieces by composers like Arcadelt, Palestrina, Rossi, Pilkington, and Vecchi. We'll also recount a few stories about the choir's somewhat unusual founding and some of the weird things that have happened to us over the years.

      The concert is on Monday, August 8th, at 8pm in the Performing Arts Pavilion.

      But wait, there's more!

      We are in the process of recording our first ever CD. This professionally produced recording of all of the songs we're singing in our concert will be available for sale at the Pennsic merchant "Minerva's Spindle." We're working on other possible merchants as well; I will let people know once they have been finalized.

      If you won't be making it to Pennsic this year, you can contact me after Pennsic and I can mail copies. We're still determining the cost of the CD but it should be in the $10-12 range.

      Thanks - I look forward to this year's Pennsic Choir performance. See you all in just a few weeks!

      Arianna of Wynthrope
      AEthelmearc