Re: [KWChoir] Agincourt carol.

  • Gabriela Ulate
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12 8:28 AM
      Could I have those sent to me via attachment.. having trouble opening them.

      Thank You..

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31 7:52 AM
        Hi folks - sorry this is too late for those of you who have already left for Pennsic.

        Erlan has decided to do the Agincourt Carol as the recording has it, not necessarily the sheet music. Turns out there is some debate about the rests between the sections, and she prefers to go right through. She writes:

        "...the audio recording is the version I will use. M. 8 will be a dotted quarter with an eighth beat of rest before the upbeat quarter
        Same thing for the Burdon going into M 29 which will actually be 28."

        For convenience sake (and those of you who are die-hard sheet music readers) I uploaded a different version of the sheet music with the rests taken out (edition by our own Aaron Elkiss). I haven't checked the notes completely, but I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same with just the rests removed. I labeled it "Agincourt-alternate"

        WARNING: some of the words are slightly different, so use the original for learning and performance. The alternate version is just to see how the rhythms work as we are going to sing it.

        See you all soon!

        Robyn