Agincourt carol.

  • Steven Mansfield
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2011
      Just for the record, the midi files skipping the leading rests in each section makes for tricky learning. ;-)

      --
      Steve Mansfield
      425-829-8729 (Cell)

    • dsrubin2004
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2011
        Thanks for the 'heads up'. I'll check when I get home Sunday night or Monday and fix it if I can.

        Robyn

        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Steven Mansfield <oroboro.steve@...> wrote:

        > Just for the record, the midi files skipping the leading rests in each
        > section makes for tricky learning. ;-)
        >
        > --
        > Steve Mansfield
        > 425-829-8729 (Cell)
        > 425-298-7614 (Google Voice)

      • Gabriela Ulate
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 12, 2011
          Could I have those sent to me via attachment.. having trouble opening them.

          Thank You..

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2011
            Hi folks - sorry this is too late for those of you who have already left for Pennsic.

            Erlan has decided to do the Agincourt Carol as the recording has it, not necessarily the sheet music. Turns out there is some debate about the rests between the sections, and she prefers to go right through. She writes:

            "...the audio recording is the version I will use. M. 8 will be a dotted quarter with an eighth beat of rest before the upbeat quarter
            Same thing for the Burdon going into M 29 which will actually be 28."

            For convenience sake (and those of you who are die-hard sheet music readers) I uploaded a different version of the sheet music with the rests taken out (edition by our own Aaron Elkiss). I haven't checked the notes completely, but I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same with just the rests removed. I labeled it "Agincourt-alternate"

            WARNING: some of the words are slightly different, so use the original for learning and performance. The alternate version is just to see how the rhythms work as we are going to sing it.

            See you all soon!