Re:Music and Pennsic

  • Maria Eskinazi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2011
      I have to Thank Master Robyn for graciously putting all those parts into listenable form.  THANK YOU.  I coudn't have done that.. at least not this year... He's promised to teach me how!

      As for parts and music, please just do what ever is best for you to learn.  Sopranos, take top parts, etc.  I will be putting out a registration list with specific parts (when applicable) next week.

      I am now putting out a call for section leaders.  Now that you've had a chance to look at the music, play around with it... would anyone like to head off a section.  The plan is to have a sectional rehearsal on the Sunday of war week and again on tuesday of war week (2 days before concert).  Sunday's rehearsal will be approx 90 minutes of sectional (with break) and then we'll group together to sing.   Tuesday, we'll play by ear.

      Fortune my foe, while a GREAT idea, is not going to happen this year.  A few of us went on a quest however we are unable to find the music in parts in time.  So, that is not happening.

      There might be one more piece then for us to sing.  It is NOT available in any online site.  I have the bright idea to attempt to scan the pages in... OR... I have noteworthy on my machine now.. I am going to attempt to enter in notes.   It is a 2 page humorous song that is a long the lines of one that we sang last year.  We might even need cue cards again.

      OK.. any questions?

      I am STILL in need of tenors and basses... so PLEASE ask around.  The rehearsals should not interfere with most battles.    We are severely top heavy in voices.  *sigh*

      See what you can do......

      THANKS SO MUCH