Re: Alto Clef

  • maria daggett
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2005
      the alto or tenor clef is one of the original clefs.
      It denotes the Ut or C on the staff. Being an early
      musician......I read it well although I don't play the
      viola.

    • harpadillo
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2005
        Hey - the day we stop learning is the day we truly start to die...

        Glad to help!

        Niamh

        scarlets1@... wrote:
        I have a friend in the Barony of Twin Moons, Atenveldt, who is an excellent bone carver.  If he had a picture, I'm sure he could make one for you, too.  I have no idea of price.  It depends on what type of bone.  I'll have to get back to you about what his website is called.  I can't for the life of me remember.  His work is beautiful.

        I am ashamed to admit that I have "done" music all my life.  Piano, flute, tenor and baritone sax, recorder, theory, and voice lessons.  Been in choirs, "etc., etc., etc." (to quote Rodgers and Hammerstein  in The King and I).  And yet I never knew an alto or C clef existed.  I am embarrassed.  Thank you for teaching me something new.

        Amy Marie

        "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."
        - John Lennon

        Do you Yahoo!?