Re: Music

  • Erlandr Nordenskald
    Message 1 of 28 , May 29 5:22 PM
      I know it's really not like me.
      But fear not
      I have 2 more pieces in include... and one of them WILL be Josquin...
      I can't.. do a concert and NOT have the man...
      I was thinking of doing Scaramella...

      You'll see that this music choice is VERY different than my usual choices. I tried to choose music that was a bit easier but will be crowd pleasers... notice that there is the Machaut... so, 14th century are us.

      erlan
    • dalla.olafskona@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 28 , May 30 4:27 PM
        "You should be able to go to the pennsicwar.org site and register by clicking the links on the page for the Choir. IF these are NOT working for you... then just send ME your registration.,
        > Name, voice part preference and contact info.
        > Also, if you send the date you expect to arrive at pennsic."

        Where is the page for the Choir you referenced? http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn40/AANDS/perfarts.html

        Thanks,
        Dalla
      • Erlandr Nordenskald
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 2, 2011
          OK.. the links for the Pennsicwar.org site are not up yet... I have let the webmistress know...
          for now, you can just continue to send your registrations to me..

          Your name, a contact e mail or phone for you..
          your prefered voice part and the date you will arrive at war...
          (so I don't go nuts if you're not there for the first few rehearsals)

          Thanks

          Erlan
        • Margrett Norwoode
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 2, 2011
            Real name: Kerri-Ellen Kelly
            SCA name: Lady Margrett Norwoode
            Email: mistressmargrett@...
            Vocal part: Soprano
            Date I will arrive: Aug 3 afternoon or early evening

            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 2, 2011
              Sorry--meant to send that to Erlan directly.

              Margrett

              Message 6 of 28 , Jun 3, 2011
                Hi Erlan

                I will again be in the KWC

                Mairghreicc Ruadh inghen ui Faolain (aka June)
                Soprano
                72 Camp Swatara Road, PO Box 466
                Myerstown, Pa. 17067

                East Kingdom, Shire of Silver Rylle

                Arriving before land grab

                See you soon

                Mairghreicc

                Message 7 of 28 , Jun 29, 2011
                  Are these 5 the only ones?
                  (Granted, the one in Hebrew looks like a brain-ful... )

                  miriel

                  --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Erlandr Nordenskald" <erlannordenskald@...> wrote:

                  > Hi everyone.
                  > OK, this is the initial list of music for the Pennsic 40 Choir.

                  > S S A T B Tanzen und Springen - Hans Leo Hassler (1564-1612) (German)
                  > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/hass-tus.pdf
                  >
                  > S/A T B Agincourt Carol - Annon (old Englysh)
                  > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/1/14/Anon-Agincourt.pdf
                  >
                  > S A B Sweete Kate (1609) - Robert Jones (1577 – 1617) (English)
                  > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/d/df/Sweet_Kate.pdf
                  >
                  > S A T/B Ma fin est mon commencement - Guillaume de Mahaut d.1377 (french)
                  > http://maucamedus.net/PDF/ma-fin.pdf
                  >
                  > S A T B By the Waters of Babylon /
                  > Al naharot Bavel- Salomone Rossi (1570-1630)
                  > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/f/fc/Ross-aln.pdf

                • Julia Kathan
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                    Um-am I the only one who cannot print By the Waters of Babylon? I can see it on my screen but it prints blank pages.
                    Help!
                    Fancy

                    Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:43 PM

                    href="http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/hass-tus.pdf">http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/hass-tus.pdf

                    href="http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/1/14/Anon-Agincourt.pdf">http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/1/14/Anon-Agincourt.pdf

                    href="http://maucamedus.net/PDF/ma-fin.pdf">http://maucamedus.net/PDF/ma-fin.pdf

                    > S A T B By the Waters of Babylon /
                    > Al naharot Bavel- Salomone
                    Rossi (1570-1630)

                    href="http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/f/fc/Ross-aln.pdf">http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/f/fc/Ross-aln.pdf

                    No virus found in this message.

                  • dross92
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jul 3, 2011
                      Hope it's going better for you today.
                      It printed out OK for me today (5 pages) and I am using old technology - an HP C4480 and Vista.

                      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Julia Kathan" <fancy@...> wrote:

                      > Um-am I the only one who cannot print By the Waters of Babylon? I can see it on my screen but it prints blank pages.
                      > Help!
                      > Fancy

                    • misbrisby
                      Message 10 of 28 , Apr 23, 2012
                        Is there music available either to print out or listen to, to start preparing? Or do we have a rough estimate as to when it might become available?

                        Thank you,
                        Marcia
                      • misbrisby
                        Message 11 of 28 , May 22 8:22 AM
                          I was wondering if there was music posted yet for Pennsic. I did not see anything to print or practice before hand. Please let us know where we can go to print the music.

                          Thank you,
                          Marcia
                        • dalla.olafskona@gmail.com
                          Message 12 of 28 , May 31 7:47 PM
                            Agreed. I have less natural musical talent than many in the choir, and therefore need proportionally more practice time in advance.... I'll even take midi files. ;)

                            - Dalla

                            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, misbrisby <misbrisby@...> wrote:

                            > I was wondering if there was music posted yet for Pennsic. I did not see anything to print or practice before hand. Please let us know where we can go to print the music.
                            > Thank you,
                            > Marcia
                          • Krege, Barbara B
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jun 1, 2012

                              I'll need MP3 files please.  Barbara

                            • dalla.olafskona@gmail.com
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jun 2, 2012
                                While MP3s would be great, I haven't even seen a list of the music we're performing. Have I missed it?
                                - Dalla

                                --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Krege, Barbara B" <krege@...> wrote:
                                > I'll need MP3 files please. Barbara
                              • Jennifer Friedman
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jun 2, 2012
                                  I know I'm still pondering the piece I'm supposed to pick/conduct. Too many choices out there! I hope to pick it in the next week or so. Whatever I pick will have MIDI files, PDF sheet music, etc. so people can practice up before Pennsic.

                                  Robin, would you update us on where you are with the rest of the concert?

                                  Eliane

                                  Eliane Halevy, OL

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jun 4, 2012
                                    Hi folks. Sorry for the long silence - I just surfaced from a heavily overbooked Spring. But now all attention turns towards Pennsic!!

                                    The rehearsal and concert schedule was locked down a while ago and published in this forum.

                                    Watch for the registration link to go live as soon as I can get the Pennsic web people the correct information.

                                    And I'll start putting music up ASAP - including sheet music, midi files, and MP3s as soon as I can get those done.

                                    Thanks for your patience and let's make this another GREAT Pennsic Choir year,

                                    Robyn