Re: [KWChoir] Music

  • Jennifer Friedman
    Message 1 of 28 , May 29, 2011
      Ah, but Erlan, this cannot be...where is the Josquin?

      Eliane

      Eliane Halevy, OL

      Message 2 of 28 , May 29, 2011
        I know it's really not like me.
        But fear not
        I have 2 more pieces in include... and one of them WILL be Josquin...
        I can't.. do a concert and NOT have the man...
        I was thinking of doing Scaramella...

        You'll see that this music choice is VERY different than my usual choices. I tried to choose music that was a bit easier but will be crowd pleasers... notice that there is the Machaut... so, 14th century are us.

        erlan
      • dalla.olafskona@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 28 , May 30, 2011
          "You should be able to go to the pennsicwar.org site and register by clicking the links on the page for the Choir. IF these are NOT working for you... then just send ME your registration.,
          > Name, voice part preference and contact info.
          > Also, if you send the date you expect to arrive at pennsic."

          Where is the page for the Choir you referenced? http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn40/AANDS/perfarts.html

          Thanks,
          Dalla
        • Erlandr Nordenskald
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 2, 2011
            OK.. the links for the Pennsicwar.org site are not up yet... I have let the webmistress know...
            for now, you can just continue to send your registrations to me..

            Your name, a contact e mail or phone for you..
            your prefered voice part and the date you will arrive at war...
            (so I don't go nuts if you're not there for the first few rehearsals)

            Thanks

            Erlan
          • Margrett Norwoode
            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 2, 2011
              Real name: Kerri-Ellen Kelly
              SCA name: Lady Margrett Norwoode
              Email: mistressmargrett@...
              Vocal part: Soprano
              Date I will arrive: Aug 3 afternoon or early evening

              Message 6 of 28 , Jun 2, 2011
                Sorry--meant to send that to Erlan directly.

                Margrett

                Message 7 of 28 , Jun 3, 2011
                  Hi Erlan

                  I will again be in the KWC

                  Mairghreicc Ruadh inghen ui Faolain (aka June)
                  Soprano
                  72 Camp Swatara Road, PO Box 466
                  Myerstown, Pa. 17067

                  East Kingdom, Shire of Silver Rylle

                  Arriving before land grab

                  See you soon

                  Mairghreicc

                  Message 8 of 28 , Jun 29, 2011
                    Are these 5 the only ones?
                    (Granted, the one in Hebrew looks like a brain-ful... )

                    miriel

                    --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Erlandr Nordenskald" <erlannordenskald@...> wrote:

                    > Hi everyone.
                    > OK, this is the initial list of music for the Pennsic 40 Choir.

                    > S S A T B Tanzen und Springen - Hans Leo Hassler (1564-1612) (German)
                    > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/hass-tus.pdf
                    >
                    > S/A T B Agincourt Carol - Annon (old Englysh)
                    > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/1/14/Anon-Agincourt.pdf
                    >
                    > S A B Sweete Kate (1609) - Robert Jones (1577 – 1617) (English)
                    > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/d/df/Sweet_Kate.pdf
                    >
                    > S A T/B Ma fin est mon commencement - Guillaume de Mahaut d.1377 (french)
                    > http://maucamedus.net/PDF/ma-fin.pdf
                    >
                    > S A T B By the Waters of Babylon /
                    > Al naharot Bavel- Salomone Rossi (1570-1630)
                    > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/f/fc/Ross-aln.pdf

                  • Julia Kathan
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                      Um-am I the only one who cannot print By the Waters of Babylon? I can see it on my screen but it prints blank pages.
                      Help!
                      Fancy

                      Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:43 PM

                      href="http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/hass-tus.pdf">http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/hass-tus.pdf

                      href="http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/1/14/Anon-Agincourt.pdf">http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/1/14/Anon-Agincourt.pdf

                      href="http://maucamedus.net/PDF/ma-fin.pdf">http://maucamedus.net/PDF/ma-fin.pdf

                      > S A T B By the Waters of Babylon /
                      > Al naharot Bavel- Salomone
                      Rossi (1570-1630)

                      href="http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/f/fc/Ross-aln.pdf">http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/f/fc/Ross-aln.pdf

                      No virus found in this message.

                    • dross92
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jul 3, 2011
                        Hope it's going better for you today.
                        It printed out OK for me today (5 pages) and I am using old technology - an HP C4480 and Vista.

                        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Julia Kathan" <fancy@...> wrote:

                        > Um-am I the only one who cannot print By the Waters of Babylon? I can see it on my screen but it prints blank pages.
                        > Help!
                        > Fancy

                      • misbrisby
                        Message 11 of 28 , Apr 23, 2012
                          Is there music available either to print out or listen to, to start preparing? Or do we have a rough estimate as to when it might become available?

                          Thank you,
                          Marcia
                        • misbrisby
                          Message 12 of 28 , May 22, 2012
                            I was wondering if there was music posted yet for Pennsic. I did not see anything to print or practice before hand. Please let us know where we can go to print the music.

                            Thank you,
                            Marcia
                          • dalla.olafskona@gmail.com
                            Message 13 of 28 , May 31, 2012
                              Agreed. I have less natural musical talent than many in the choir, and therefore need proportionally more practice time in advance.... I'll even take midi files. ;)

                              - Dalla

                              --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, misbrisby <misbrisby@...> wrote:

                              > I was wondering if there was music posted yet for Pennsic. I did not see anything to print or practice before hand. Please let us know where we can go to print the music.
                              > Thank you,
                              > Marcia
                            • Krege, Barbara B
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jun 1, 2012

                                I'll need MP3 files please.  Barbara

                              • dalla.olafskona@gmail.com
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jun 2, 2012
                                  While MP3s would be great, I haven't even seen a list of the music we're performing. Have I missed it?
                                  - Dalla

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jun 2, 2012
                                    I know I'm still pondering the piece I'm supposed to pick/conduct. Too many choices out there! I hope to pick it in the next week or so. Whatever I pick will have MIDI files, PDF sheet music, etc. so people can practice up before Pennsic.

                                    Robin, would you update us on where you are with the rest of the concert?

                                    Eliane

                                    Eliane Halevy, OL

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jun 4, 2012
                                      Hi folks. Sorry for the long silence - I just surfaced from a heavily overbooked Spring. But now all attention turns towards Pennsic!!

                                      The rehearsal and concert schedule was locked down a while ago and published in this forum.

                                      Watch for the registration link to go live as soon as I can get the Pennsic web people the correct information.

                                      And I'll start putting music up ASAP - including sheet music, midi files, and MP3s as soon as I can get those done.

                                      Thanks for your patience and let's make this another GREAT Pennsic Choir year,

                                      Robyn