In memory

  • annoney@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2011
      Perhaps a dirge would be appropriate to sing at Pennsic?  Are there any dirges in the SCA period?

      Theresa
    • Beth Gurzler
      Message 2 of 4 , May 29, 2011
        The one that comes to mind is "Fortune my Moe"  anon, published in Byrds Fitzwiliam virginal book.  I've seen it in both 3 and 4 parts, personally I think the 4 part works best.  Rumor has it that it was  used as a tune sending the condemned to the gallows.

        Happy thought eh?
        Deonna

        To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
        From: annoney@...
        Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 08:36:45 -0400
        Subject: [KWChoir] In memory

        Perhaps a dirge would be appropriate to sing at Pennsic?  Are there any dirges in the SCA period?

        Theresa

      • Erlandr Nordenskald
        Message 3 of 4 , May 30, 2011
          So far, I can't find music for it. Can't find it on cpdl. I checked the wiki for the song list...
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitzwilliam_Virginal_Book
          There is a miserere in 3 and 4 parts?
          could this be it?

          OK.. CHOIR... You have a mission... Find me a print of this piece...

          erlan

          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Beth Gurzler <bgdeonna@...> wrote:

          > The one that comes to mind is "Fortune my Moe" anon, published in Byrds Fitzwiliam virginal book. I've seen it in both 3 and 4 parts, personally I think the 4 part works best. Rumor has it that it was used as a tune sending the condemned to the gallows.
          >
          > Happy thought eh?
          > Deonna
          >
          > To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
          > From: annoney@...
          > Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 08:36:45 -0400
          > Subject: [KWChoir] In memory

          > Perhaps a dirge would be appropriate to sing at Pennsic? Are there
          > any dirges in the SCA period?
          >
          > Theresa

        • Beth Gurzler
          Message 4 of 4 , May 30, 2011

            TYPO alert
            that's Fortune my Foe.  I'll try and see where we got it in the first place.
            Deonna

            To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
            From: erlannordenskald@...
            Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 17:38:48 +0000