Re: Pennsic 40 music

  • maria daggett
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2011

      Alright
        As much as I wanted to do this..
      After looking through the music
      AFter nights of deep thought.
      I have chosen NOT to do a 40 voice piece.
      While many of us will find it exciting and enticing... the reality is..
      We don't have enough voices that are used to multiple choirs AND really, enough time.

      So that being said...
      This week - the Pennsicwar.org site will have the registration information updated, so starting, say - Tuesday, you can go register.

      I have narrowed in on all music and people are helping me get it into digital format (thank you Robyn)... since, those of you who know me..know that is MY weakness.  Modern technology and music... and erlan.. uhnuh... nope, not I.

      So, here is one thing that I can tell you.

      Our dress rehearsal is booked for Thursday at 2 PM in the PA tent.
      Our concert is that same night at 6 PM, with the call at 5:30

      We are also slated to perform at the intermission of Henry VIII performance by the Known World Players  They have requested the Agincourt Carol and perhap another short piece.  We will be singing the Agincourt Carol as part of our concert... for that reason, and because it is part of the top 10.... and why not.  It's a nice piece, and we can have  a blast with it.

      As for the remaining selections - stay tuned. My plan is to have the program up to you by the end of this weekend.

      And for those who know me, yes there will be a Josquin piece, but you might be surprised... I've been leaning towards later period pieces.... tee hee... I know. It's exciting.  I've been transformed.
      No Leonin or Perotin this year.

      Have a great Memorial Day... and keep checking back for new updates.