Quest for a clef

  • harpadillo
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2005
      I have and wear almost contstantly a treble clef necklace.  The clef is about 1 inch tall, and of a simple, almost rough design.  I have had and worn it for years.

      My only quibble about it is that it is a teble, or G clef.  I am an alto.  I play a viola.  I study music that usually uses C clefs.  In high school, I even petitioned to have alto clef music questions in our music theory final - which up until then had only had treble and bass clef questions (my argument was if I had to learn to read clefs I never used, then everyone had to).

      I have looked far and wide, but all music jewelry tends to be treble clef, or some permutation of notes.  I've seen the occasional bass clef - but no alto or C clefs.

      I'm wanting one about 1 inch tall, of a simple, almost rough design.

      I've attached a JPEG of it for those who are able to view it.  If you can't, I'll be happy to email it directly if you want a gander.  I would also upload it to the file section of a group if there is interest.

      Niamh inghean Lachlainn - alto

      I would appreciate any assistance or leads.

      "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."
      - John Lennon

      Yahoo! Messenger
    • maria daggett
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2005
        So, are you looking for a necklace with an alto clef
        charm on it? Are you interested in having one made?

        I can do one, cast in sterling silver for ya!

        I looked around on all the most popular music "stuff"
        pages. I found 2 that had other types for viola
        players,

        http://www.theviolincase.com/jewelry.htm

        http://www.viola.geargems.com/cgi-bin/cpshop.cgi?storeid=geargems.366399&page=1&trail=geargems.366095~Main+Store~1&st=Giftware

        Power to the C Clef!!!

        erlandr

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
      • harpadillo
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2005
          My original idea is a C clef that is about the same size as my current G clef.
          Other than that, I'm open for whatever grabs by fancy.

          What would you charge?  Let me know.

          Thank you!  Niamh

          maria daggett <erlannordenskald@...> wrote:
          So, are you looking for a necklace with an alto clef
          charm on it?  Are you interested in having one made?

             I can do one, cast in sterling silver for ya!

          I looked around on all the most popular music "stuff"
          pages.  I found 2 that had other types for viola
          players,

          http://www.theviolincase.com/jewelry.htm

          http://www.viola.geargems.com/cgi-bin/cpshop.cgi?storeid=geargems.366399&page=1&trail=geargems.366095~Main+Store~1&st=Giftware

          Power to the C Clef!!!

          erlandr

          http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

          "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."
          - John Lennon

          Do you Yahoo!?