Re: [KWChoir] Pennsic 40. music

  • Steven Mansfield
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 11, 2011
      Well, we definitely had men last year, but they were, shall we say, a distinct minority.  ;-)

      On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Patricia Hefner <hefnerpatriciahefnerpatricia@...> wrote:

      So you don't have any men?
      THL Isabelle de Foix
      Kingdom of Meridies

      blog URL: http://verte76.blogspot.com/

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 11, 2011
        *chuckle*  I'm reminded again of how aberrant our community madrigal choir really was!  As a female tenor, my choir director often asked if I would take on the lower alto roles where possible due to a distinct LACK of Altos?  We had a full rich bass section, a healthy strong tenor section, a weak but adequate soprano section (unless we tried SSATB then there still weren't enough), but NEVER enough altos in the three years I sang with them!

        The KW choir difficulties at Pennsic sound much more on par with norm.  I'd love to be there to help but I don't imagine I'm making it anywhere in the US this next year unless it is the West coast to see my son and new grandchild, and my wider family.

        Some day, some year; or we'll manage to coax all of you here to Lochac to sing with the corellas and magpies in a stunning dawn chorus!
        YIS,
        Lady Disdemona (just Dizzy, as always)