Re: [KWChoir] Re: Pennsic 40. music

  • Michelle Faid
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 11, 2011
      My camp came down last year to stand at the ends of the road during Dress and ask people to go around. With the exception of some fighters coming back from battle, we were a little better off until they had to leave for points unknown. Perhaps we could get some volunteers from various camps to play goalie?

      Tegwen

      "We create gravity to give weight to things
      Then things fall and things break
      And gravity sings."

      On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Erlandr Nordenskald <erlannordenskald@...> wrote:

      Blocking the road for an hour is a dream but I doubt it will happen. Recording the dress rehearsal works out much better than recording the concert. I am hoping that with a little luck, we can have good weather and record the same way this year.
      Having enough registered male voices will determine whether or not we can do the 40 part piece. I would hate to have people put in the time to learn their part if it's not going to bhappen.
      So time will tell.

      erlan

    • Patricia Hefner
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 11, 2011
        So you don't have any men?
        THL Isabelle de Foix
        Kingdom of Meridies

        blog URL: http://verte76.blogspot.com/

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 11, 2011
          Well, we definitely had men last year, but they were, shall we say, a distinct minority.  ;-)

          On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Patricia Hefner <hefnerpatriciahefnerpatricia@...> wrote:

[...]

          Steve Mansfield
          425-829-8729 (Cell)
          425-298-7614 (Google Voice)

        • Jazzerat Jazzerat
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 11, 2011
            *chuckle*  I'm reminded again of how aberrant our community madrigal choir really was!  As a female tenor, my choir director often asked if I would take on the lower alto roles where possible due to a distinct LACK of Altos?  We had a full rich bass section, a healthy strong tenor section, a weak but adequate soprano section (unless we tried SSATB then there still weren't enough), but NEVER enough altos in the three years I sang with them!

            The KW choir difficulties at Pennsic sound much more on par with norm.  I'd love to be there to help but I don't imagine I'm making it anywhere in the US this next year unless it is the West coast to see my son and new grandchild, and my wider family.

            Some day, some year; or we'll manage to coax all of you here to Lochac to sing with the corellas and magpies in a stunning dawn chorus!
            YIS,
            Lady Disdemona (just Dizzy, as always)