Re: Board of Directors

  • Maria Eskinazi
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2011

       The Board of Directors is just that... past Directors.  The Choir grew to a size that it became almost impossible for one person to oversee it's operations effectively.  Growth is good.  So, the idea was developed to have a team of persons to help take over the running of each choir at the wars, the largest being Pennsic.
      The Board consists of
      Erlan Nordenskald (Director Emeritas)
      Mistress Arianna of Wynthrop
      Mistriss Ariana Morgan
      Master Robyn Solarus
       right now, although 2 other past directors have been asked but I don't know if they have actually accepted a working position at this point in time... Mistress Jocelyn and Mistress Anne of Cathew. Lady Elfrida has not been involved however I am hoping that she choses to become active within the SCA again and hopefully with the KWC.
         Different jobs include making the physical arrangements for war (tent rehearsal times, scheduling dress rehearsals and concerts, scheduling recordings, etc), transcribing music for the internet (PDF's and audio parts), historian, library, translations, etc.

          At the end of last year's concert, well, the next day actually, the Directors invited members of the choir and interested folks to come to a roundtable discussion for ideas and suggestions.  We have been working off that session to formulate a Choir that isn't just at Pennsic for a performance but also works to give renaissance vocal music to others who are interested.

      Erlan

      Love is enternal

      G. Scott Eskinazi 1967-2009

          From: annoney@...

      Message
      1a. Re: Change of Director for Pennsic 40
          Posted by: "annoney@..." annoney@... annoney
          Date: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:35 am ((PDT))

      I did not know that the Know World Choir had a board of directors.  I would lke to know what the board does and who is on it, Please.

      Theresa

      Messages in this topic (2)

      <*> Your email settings:
          Digest Email  | Traditional